Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iPhone widget locked screen issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tron12

Jan 11, 2024
Why does the widget icon for the Tesla app on my locked iPhone display a triangle with an exclamation point in the center?

I tried rebooting it and reinstalling it and to no avail. Has anybody else have this issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• tes.jpg
    tes.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 82
Can't tell you how much time I fought this tonight! Everyone says "click on Customize on your lock screen," but there is no "Customize" on my lock screen. Pressing and holding that triangle with the exclamation mark just opened the Tesla app. So here's what I figured out:

1. Press and hold in the middle of the lock screen until the lock screen become smaller and there is a Customize button at the bottom. Click the button.
  2. On the next screen with "Customize Wallpaper" at the top, choose the Lock Screen on the left.
  3. You will see gray lines around the three sections containing widgets. Tap the section you'd like to change.
  4. Tap the minus sign on any widget to remove it. You can either have four single widgets, or a double with two singles, or two doubles, you get the idea...
  5. Tap the Tesla widget in the Add Widgets section to add it to the bar above.
  6. TAP THE WIDGET IN THE BAR, then choose the Tesla vehicle you'd like to appear. If you have no vehicle selected, the triangle with the exclamation point will appear on the lock screen.
  7. Add any other widgets you'd like. There are additional app widgets if you scroll down.
  8. Close the Add Widgets panel by pressing "x".
  9. Click the Done button in the upper right-hand corner.
That's it!
  1. IMG_2E7DAFF9B55F-1.jpeg
    IMG_915C68813E80-1.jpeg
    IMG_5E7528AA9C17-1.jpeg

Can't tell you how much time I fought this tonight! Everyone says "click on Customize on your lock screen," but there is no "Customize" on my lock screen. Pressing and holding that triangle with the exclamation mark just opened the Tesla app. So here's what I figured out:

1. Press and hold in the middle of the lock screen until the lock screen become smaller and there is a Customize button at the bottom. Click the button.
  2. On the next screen with "Customize Wallpaper" at the top, choose the Lock Screen on the left.
  3. You will see gray lines around the three sections containing widgets. Tap the section you'd like to change.
  4. Tap the minus sign on any widget to remove it. You can either have four single widgets, or a double with two singles, or two doubles, you get the idea...
  5. Tap the Tesla widget in the Add Widgets section to add it to the bar above.
  6. TAP THE WIDGET IN THE BAR, then choose the Tesla vehicle you'd like to appear. If you have no vehicle selected, the triangle with the exclamation point will appear on the lock screen.
  7. Add any other widgets you'd like. There are additional app widgets if you scroll down.
  8. Close the Add Widgets panel by pressing "x".
  9. Click the Done button in the upper right-hand corner.
That's it!
  1. View attachment 1018927View attachment 1018928View attachment 1018929
Can’t tell you how much I appreciate you!! Figuring it out and finding the time to write a perfectly detailed post!
Thank you!!!!