Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual High Beams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owners manual says: "Push the left-hand steering column lever away from you and release to turn the high beam headlights on continuously." I use auto high beams but at low speeds the lights will not automatically switch to high nor will they switch to high when pushing the lever away from me per the owners manual. I'm either doing something wrong or have a defect in the lever. Thoughts?

Auto dimming of high beams requires the high beams to be on manually. Then they will dim the headlights as needed. If Auto is enabled and thinks the lights should be dimmed then you can't place them on high manually. If Auto is enabled and thinks the lights should be on high but the lights are manually in the Low position, then you'll have low beams only. If you then manually switch to high (and Auto still thinks High is OK or Auto is disabled), the headlights should go to high.

B30562FD-C188-4E59-9E7E-BD68BE84868A.jpeg

Auto dimming of high beams requires the high beams to be on manually. Then they will dim the headlights as needed. If Auto is enabled and thinks the lights should be dimmed then you can't place them on high manually. If Auto is enabled and thinks the lights should be on high but the lights are manually in the Low position, then you'll have low beams only. If you then manually switch to high (and Auto still thinks High is OK or Auto is disabled), the headlights should go to high.

exactly