Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED headlights retrofit - issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
Have retrofitted the LED headlights in my 85D few months ago using the emulators from Evetesla.com. All good, until tonight when car started to flash using both the turn signal and the high beam when turning left.
Initially have thought the amber LED is dead and was a “feature”, but arriving home I saw both are flashing.
If I am putting the car on manual headlights when car is off and engaging the hazards there is no high beam.
As soon as I engage and put the car in D/R, high beam goes on flashing mode on left side.
Will try switching the emulator from right, but will get some elbow grease.
Have anyone got anything similar?

I think I have found the issue… the emulator connector to the car harness is not water tight…
Hope a good blow and clean will fix the issue.
Have also sent a message to Evetesla as I find it odd to not have waterproof connectors in that area..

Was also thinking to upgrade the projectors inside the xenon ones, but didn’t had the patience opening the lights.
Compared to the 8.5y xenons the LEDs are brighter and can see better during the night. That alone is a win.
Will probably try the new 2021+ headlights at one point.

If anyone here is located in Cali, reach out to EVFIXME instead and have this done the OEM way without expensive emulators that will most likely eventually fail due to shitty design :)

Also, where does Xenon vs LED come into the equation. To me the Xenon lights looks outdated AF.