Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manufacturing date tpms sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how I can see the manufacturing date of tpms sensors? I had an issue with the garage here in the Netherlands.

Since 6 months I'm a new owner of a thirdhand Tesla model S p85+ from 2013. Had a rough start with maintenence.

Few months back I had an issue with the tpms system giving a faul. I made an apointment for the tpms sensor to be replaced. In the meantime the main battery had a problem and I had to tow it in earlier. The car stayed there for about 2 months due to shortage on mechanics. When the main battery was finished they worked on other cars before ours and it took a long time.

As compensation they say they replaced all 4 tpms sensors and both xenon lightbulbs for free. Parts that if they hadn't really change there was no way for me to find out.

The car gave the same fault code on the tpms system and I went for the retrofit. I asked if they could change te 4 sensors for the new ones as they were new and with warranty. They made it very dificult and wanted me to pay double for alot of things. A long story which I can tell in a seperate response. But after all I decided to just pay for it incl 4 sensors. But as they wanted to throw away the newly mounted sensors I asked to give it back to me as I own them.

Now I want to know if anything they said actually is true. Does anyone know where I can find the date of manufacturing? I can sen a picture of the sensors later when I'm home.

Is there also a difference between the sensors from the pre retrofit and the retrofit? Or will these also work with the new system? I tried to search for answers but couldn't find it.

Story what happened.

First repair I stated that the air suspension is lowering all the way within 2 days. And the tpms sensors gave a fault message in display while driving.

After the conductors in the main battery were changed I had to pay for that and 65,- euros to diagnose the air suspension and 65,- to diagnose the tpms sensors. After having paid and talking with the person at the counter he told me, without blushing, that they simply swapped the tpms sensors without diagnosing because they didn't have the time. And the mechanic parked my car outside to watch it the next day if it lowered and it didn't. So I payed for them to simply check if I was telling the truth or not. Few months of driving and I noticed it every few days I didn't drive and they simply told me the problem was not there ...

I had a quotation of roughly 1005,- euros for the retrofit after a few months. I went in for the service and talked with the man at the counter and stated that they gave me 4 sensors for compensation of the long wait. I brought also rims with summertyres. And it would be fair to charge me the retrofit of the main unit and if the new sensors were more expensive only the price difference plus the price of the 4 extra sensors for the summertyres. The guy refused every offer, but even stated that the quotation was not including the sensors and I had to pay an extra of 237,- for the 4 sensors. And an extra 237,- for the extra sensors on the summer wheels. Long discussion but after a short while I simply agreed. I got a loaner an could get the car back the next day. At home I looked at the quotation again and saw the sensors were already included so I texted that they should keep to the quotation and not change a thing.

Next day I get a message that the car is ready and only had to pay 267,-. I was surprised and looked at the bill. And you will not believe it. They charged me for a wheelswap and a testdrive. No work to the car was done at all ...

I went in and had a long talk on how the order was clear and they did everything exept that. I was not going to pay for it. And even then they told me the tpms fault was not diagnosed and it would be a waste of my money to do the retrofit. But the guy thought it was normal to pay more than 25% for nothing ... After a long talk we finally agreed that this was not normal. And I had e new apointment in 2 weeks. I agreed to do only 4 sensors for the warranty of the whole system and they refused to do the 4 extra sensors on the non Tesla manufactured wheels.

I got a quotation for retrofit and saw that this time it was 1242,-. I didn't accept the quotation in the app and texted I would come earlier to discuss it again. And as I suspected they charged me double for the tpms sensors.

That is why I want to know how old the 4 replaced sensors are as I want to know who I am dealing with. I didn't expect this from an official dealer and garage.