Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map orientation in Navigation Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way I can set my preference for the way the map is when navigation is turned on? I personally like it when the arrow points forward as opposed to keeping North constant or the other option which looks like a winding road (line). I now have to manually click on the toggle button for the map orientation and I find it annoying.

Thanks!

Reactions: Scelto
Yes, I have to do that whenever a new destination is entered. I was wondering if there were an option where I can set the view to default so that I don't have to click on the compass every time.
I'm looking for this too. I'm fine with "North up" but it drives my wife crazy. I've been tasked with finding a way to have the default map view be "destination up". Anyone every found a solution for this? Thanks!

OMG, just click on the compass to change the default.
why would OP ask how to change the default, if they mentioned having to press the compass button (which toggles the modes) every time when navigating?

your "OMG" is sillier then you think. very unhelpful. I am also in the same boat of having to select my preferred map orientation every time.

OP have you figured this out?

Reactions: jawnly211
why would pressing the toggle button change the default, if OP mentioned having to press the compass button (which toggles the modes) every time when navigating?

your "OMG" is sillier then you think. very unhelpful. I am also in the same boat of having to select my preferred map orientation every time.

OP have you figured this out?