Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever had a issue when using navigation where the arrow isn’t properly showing your exact location, I will be driving and the arrow will show me like a 100 feet off to the right or left of the road on the map , sometimes is bad enough it will try to re navigate me. I’ve tried to do a reset but it didn’t help . Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen it happen

Has anyone ever had a issue when using navigation where the arrow isn’t properly showing your exact location, I will be driving and the arrow will show me like a 100 feet off to the right or left of the road on the map , sometimes is bad enough it will try to re navigate me. I’ve tried to do a reset but it didn’t help . Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen it happen
I’ve had a Tesla for almost 4 years and just now noticed this happening

Do you have a USB hub installed in your car? I heard USB 3.0 ports of some hubs cause interference with GPS.

This has been happening in my 2023 M3 LR AWD (the 358 mile range one) on and off since I bought it in January. It's most noticeable while navigating. I scheduled a service appointment but Tesla wasn't able to repro it while it was in the shop so they didn't try replacing anything. They just told me to take photos of the screen whenever it happens and schedule another appointment. Some people have said that it's caused by interference with the cabin camera:

Reactions: Jccope64
Sure. I just regard it as one of the car's many charming eccentricities. As long as I know where I am, don't really care if the car knows where it's at. The GPS usually shows the car exactly where it is at in my car port. Although I saved that location and defined it as home, the car insists "Home" is about 0.8 miles thataway, and then correctly records my charging as being done at "Home". My wife had dementia and didn't know where she was, so I'm pretty much used to it and unfazed.

Yes. Only started few months ago. Reboot doesn't help. Is this a computer issue or needs software update?

I had posted about this on Reddit and someone had recommended to remove any USB hubs which might be interfering with the GPS signal. I had actually just recently added one of those sleek ones which plug into the center consoles and add wired charging cables. Also had updated recently to 2023.32.7 and on a drive from Boston to PA it kept trying to reroute me. Removing the hub helped until yesterday when on a stretch near Newark it started doing the same thing. Settled down after that stretch but I'm now thinking it's definitely the update. I submitted a bug report but not really sure if it's going to be noticed or even a known issue with this build.

Reactions: Jeffrios
I had posted about this on Reddit and someone had recommended to remove any USB hubs which might be interfering with the GPS signal. I had actually just recently added one of those sleek ones which plug into the center consoles and add wired charging cables. Also had updated recently to 2023.32.7 and on a drive from Boston to PA it kept trying to reroute me. Removing the hub helped until yesterday when on a stretch near Newark it started doing the same thing. Settled down after that stretch but I'm now thinking it's definitely the update. I submitted a bug report but not really sure if it's going to be noticed or even a known issue with this build.

My car is doing the EXACT same thing. The Car indicator is correct, but it reroutes me off and on. I muted the voice, but it makes it tricky when I am trying to figure out which turn to make ahead. I only had issues once this version dropped. I have provided 2 videos and timestamps to Tesla. They said please wait...so hopefully its a bug.

Years ago I had a bug where AP would disable randomly before the drive and I had to stop the car and Park it and then put it in drive to AP to maybe work. That was fixed by a patch. I'm going to hold off on any hardware changes until I am confident its not just a bug in this version.

Last night on my way home on NAV the destination and route suddenly changed to somewhere in NJ, 1,887.2 miles to go. I really didn't look to see when it thought we would get there????? dropped out of FSD, AP, TACC and anything else I could without stopping and re-navigated to HOME and the right thing popped up just fine? Have no idea what that was about. If there were a Tesla Service Center I would consider giving them a call about that and the camera problems.

Last night on my way home on NAV the destination and route suddenly changed to somewhere in NJ, 1,887.2 miles to go. I really didn't look to see when it thought we would get there????? dropped out of FSD, AP, TACC and anything else I could without stopping and re-navigated to HOME and the right thing popped up just fine? Have no idea what that was about. If there were a Tesla Service Center I would consider giving them a call about that and the camera problems.
Just tying to tell you that you need to move to the Garden State.... :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: legendsk