Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text that my VIN is assigned! (VIN 7SAY...F460) New EDD is June 12-18. My SA thinks it was canceled VIN, since the car is not in California, and already almost to New Mexico (I'm in Texas). But he said it's same configuration I ordered from the start (w/all weather tires).
MYP MSM/White | no Tow, no FSD | OD: 3/18/22; comp app: 3/21/22.
OEDD: 06/29-08/10 || 3/26: 5/29-7/10 || 4/10: 6/07-7/12 || 5/11: 6/9-7/7 || 5/25: 6/10-6/24 || 5/29: 6/6-6/20 || 6/07: 6/16-6/26 || 6/11: VIN assigned 6/12-6/18.

Hi. I’ve been following this page for a while now. My order date is 3/12. Edd changed about 5 times. Every time it hit the first day of my 2 week window, it would get pushed back. On Friday, I received my vin for my MYP white on white with no additional add-ons. When I selected my delivery date and time, it notified me that I didn’t need to be there for an at home delivery. Decided to call and confirm this since I saw that everyone said they needed to be there. They did indeed confirmed that I didn’t not need to be there to accept delivery.

EDD5: July 15 - August 19. I think trade in calls are more of an automated action from tesla when you enter a two week window. It’s for certain that they mean absolutely nothing.
Thinking back on this I’m really upset I let Tesla evaluate my trade in 2 weeks before my EED. Allowing them to do the check pushed me out of my two week window and now I have a five week window again. I just checked another thread and someone in my area with the same ish EDD windows got a VIN yesterday and is taking delivery next week. Bottom line, don’t fall for the trade in text or call until after you get your VIN.

MYP - Black on Black - With Tow - No FSD
OD: 3/27

EDD 1: May 23 - June 22
EDD 2: June 5 - July 10
EDD 3: June 14 - July 12
EDD 4: June 17 - July 1
June 9: Received Trade-In phone call
June 11: July 15 - August 19

Don’t let them evaluate your car for a trade until after you get your VIN!

OD 03/13/22: MYP MSM/Black, Tow, no FSD (NEPA)
EDD 1) 3/13: May 14- May 27
EDD 2) 03/18: June 2- July 14
EDD 3) 02/29: May 23- June 27
EDD 4) 5/6: June 5- July 3
EDD 5) 5/22: June 14-June 28
EDD 6) 5/29: June 11-June 25

EDD 7) 6/12: June 22-July 1
No VIN yet.

My SA called me this morning, letting me know he had a slightly different config available if I wanted it. Silver exterior instead of white. My OD is 3/8. I’ve had six date changes, and have been pushed out twice while actually inside my delivery window. Current delivery window is 6/12-6/26. I decided to pass and wait.

He did comment that he’s been seeing a lot of MYP deliveries come in lately, and said my dates this time are more than likely accurate. So fingers crossed!
And Boom!!!! 2 days later, VIN assigned this morning!

ACD5743D-1F1E-4AA3-A3FD-871135558BA7.jpeg

OD 03/13/22: MYP MSM/Black, Tow, no FSD (NEPA)
EDD 1) 3/13: May 14- May 27
EDD 2) 03/18: June 2- July 14
EDD 3) 02/29: May 23- June 27
EDD 4) 5/6: June 5- July 3
EDD 5) 5/22: June 14-June 28
EDD 6) 5/29: June 11-June 25

EDD 7) 6/12: June 22-July 1
No VIN yet.
I think “WE” are next week for the MSM w/ Blk interior push… this week seems to be MSM white interior…

A friend that owns a M3 and I drove to R.I. to see first hand the ride difference between the LR and the P. There was a significant difference between the two, and the P was better. We both agreed. The car was quieter, rode better and handled better. I switched my order. Flying from Boston to NJ to pick it up this Tues.

Reactions: pat8839
The ever ending Tesla saga.

I am supposed to take delivery tomorrow everything is set and I get a call that the car had a delay and I won't be able to take delivery until the 15th.

The issue is that I am flying for abroad on the 14th and that won't change. The only option I have is to give up this VIN and remove the hold when I come back and wait for a new car. Of course I would have to do the financing again, risking even higher rates.

Very dissatisfied and disappointed as many others with this delivery system. They don't even give the option for a POA for someone else to take delivery.

To the next owner of my F452 VIN enjoy it and hopefully I get a car assigned quickly after my return early July.

The ever ending Tesla saga.

I am supposed to take delivery tomorrow everything is set and I get a call that the car had a delay and I won't be able to take delivery until the 15th.

The issue is that I am flying for abroad on the 14th and that won't change. The only option I have is to give up this VIN and remove the hold when I come back and wait for a new car. Of course I would have to do the financing again, risking even higher rates.

Very dissatisfied and disappointed as many others with this delivery system. They don't even give the option for a POA for someone else to take delivery.

To the next owner of my F452 VIN enjoy it and hopefully I get a car assigned quickly after my return early July.
Check again cuz when I took my model 3 it was no contact delivery, car was sitting in parking lot by itself. I just walked up and unlocked it with the Tesla app. Can u ask someone to install the Tesla app u give them your email and PW and they take the car home for you? There is no Tesla employee that I had to check in with. Unless it's different for every situation. The paperwork is in the car and you just sign and send it in via FedEx drop off is what I remembered.

Check again cuz when I took my model 3 it was no contact delivery, car was sitting in parking lot by itself. I just walked up and unlocked it with the Tesla app. Can u ask someone to install the Tesla app u give them your email and PW and they take the car home for you? There is no Tesla employee that I had to check in with. Unless it's different for every situation. The paperwork is in the car and you just sign and send it in via FedEx drop off is what I remembered.

I kind of implied that and my SA said and as per instructions when I sign the papers I should turn the hazard lights on and someone will come to pickup the papers and they also check the ID. Bot sure if he was BS me but I wouldn't want to put a friend to that predicament.

I am over it. When I remove the hold and the car is running late I might actually look elsewhere. I am already looking into other options. I might stick with another Porsche.

Reactions: mrazndead
I kind of implied that and my SA said and as per instructions when I sign the papers I should turn the hazard lights on and someone will come to pickup the papers and they also check the ID. Bot sure if he was BS me but I wouldn't want to put a friend to that predicament.

I am over it. When I remove the hold and the car is running late I might actually look elsewhere. I am already looking into other options. I might stick with another Porsche.
I spoke with them over the phone about this also and they said it’s a contactless delivery. Everything that we need to sign is already in the app. There’s nothing else for them to pick up afterwards. I had to make sure because I will be at work during my delivery also.

Reactions: mwalker318