Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotcha. FWIW, my wife’s 2023 Model 3 LR with EAP does not have USS sensors or a front cam. Teslavision is crap still, but it does “sort of” detect front obstacles when parking. But her autopark and smart summon is still totally unavailable.
I was informed that due to the recent changes to the car, autopark and smart summon won't be available. So, this doesn't indicate the presence of a new camera.

It wouldn't be able to detect obstacles in front of the car. Can't comfortably park. Can't be full self-driving (a blind car can't be self-driving).

Tesla has been delivering Model X and Model S for over a year without ultrasonic sensors in the front or a front bumper camera. Vision Park Assist (NOT autopark) works just fine, as does full self driving. It still has several forward facing cameras in the windshield for autopilot, just no bumper camera.

This has been the norm for the last year, nothing new there.
He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think mr-dmitry was suggesting that it is likely his Model X will NOT have the rumored front bumper camera that was supposedly beginning to be installed on vehicles built after 3/1/24 because of the message he received about autopark and summon not working.

In other words, if his Model X was a post-3/1/24 built Model X with the rumored front bumper cam, his autopark and summon would be operating correctly and Tesla wouldn’t have needed to send that CYA message.

However, it is still possible his Model X might have the front bumper cam (and RBG ambient lights), but that either (a) the software still isn’t ready to make autopark/smart summon work yet but it will work with a future update or (b) they already work and Tesla’s manufacturing, legal, and sales departments just aren’t communicating well enough.

He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think mr-dmitry was suggesting that it is likely his Model X will NOT have the rumored front bumper camera that was supposedly beginning to be installed on vehicles built after 3/1/24 because of the message he received about autopark and summon not working.

In other words, if his Model X was a post-3/1/24 built Model X with the rumored front bumper cam, his autopark and summon would be operating correctly and Tesla wouldn’t have needed to send that CYA message.

However, it is still possible his Model X might have the front bumper cam (and RBG ambient lights), but that either (a) the software still isn’t ready to make autopark/smart summon work yet but it will work with a future update or (b) they already work and Tesla’s manufacturing, legal, and sales departments just aren’t communicating well enough.
I just received my VIN this morning. EDD 3/23 - 3/30. I had previously rejected a VIN earlier in the week because it had a build date of 2/26. I was trying to see if I can push it to get something produced after 3/1. On the first VIN that was assigned I did get the Tesla Vision order update disclaimer. This time I did not...I am not sure if this is because I already accepted it the first time or if something has actually changed.

But at this point don't you guys think we would've heard about someone that has taken delivery of a MX with a post 3/1 build date?

I just received my VIN this morning. EDD 3/23 - 3/30. I had previously rejected a VIN earlier in the week because it had a build date of 2/26. I was trying to see if I can push it to get something produced after 3/1. On the first VIN that was assigned I did get the Tesla Vision order update disclaimer. This time I did not...I am not sure if this is because I already accepted it the first time or if something has actually changed.

But at this point don't you guys think we would've heard about someone that has taken delivery of a MX with a post 3/1 build date?
Perhaps. But i’m choosing to be an optimist. Lol.

On the bright side, no one has come in here yet and said they picked up their post-3/1 built Model X and it didn’t have the new rumored features.

It is still very possible that Tesla was working through existing inventory and the new 3/1 builds haven’t made it to delivery yet. It takes some time….

Yes they have
IMG_1121.jpeg

Bay Area
Tax edition
Ordered 2/12
Received VIN 3/8
EDD 3/11 - 3/18
Built Date: 3/6

I know for sure my build doesn't have any of the rumored things everyone is eyeing. Won't say how I know, but I have it on good authority.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But i’m choosing to be an optimist. Lol.

On the bright side, no one has come in here yet and said they picked up their post-3/1 built Model X and it didn’t have the new rumored features.

It is still very possible that Tesla was working through existing inventory and the new 3/1 builds haven’t made it to delivery yet. It takes some time….
Actually a few people have. The latest build date reported without these features is 3/5.

Yeah, I saw one post (that was written after I wrote this) from a guy who bought one manufactured on 3/5. Total bummer.

Maybe the changes will come later in the month. If Tesla waits until next quarter, I may get screwed as my EDD still says 3/17-4/2
I'm in the similar situation. My EDD today is 3/9 to 3/25 (everyday it moves the start date to the current date). Though haven't been assigned a vin yet.