Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orlando, FL
Tax Edition
Ordered 2/10
Build Date TBD (SA said it has shipped from the factory and will be delivered before the end of the month, but couldn't tell me exact build date)
Received VIN 3/8
EDD 3/16-3/25
Just popped up that I can schedule delivery. Soonest available date was 3/23. So looks like I'll be picking up in 9 days!

Sorry if you already said, but what configuration did you order?

It seems like folks ordering the Tax Edition are waiting much longer to get VINs than everyone else.
I'm not 100% sure what Tax Edition means. :-/ I didn't qualify for the rebate if that's what you mean.

Configuration is below.

1710450953095.png

Reactions: No Quarter
I'm not 100% sure what Tax Edition means. :-/ I didn't qualify for the rebate if that's what you mean.

Configuration is below.

View attachment 1028040
Thanks for sharing!

Yes, the “Tax Edition” just means the base configuration that keeps the MSRP for the vehicle under $80k and thus eligible for the tax incentive (regardless of whether the particular buyer will qualify). ;)

And... VIN assigned this morning, so within a few hours of my finishing the registration tasks.

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8
Build Date: 3/??
Received VIN: 3/12
Estimated Delivery Date: March, 2024

So what's going on with that Tesla Vision warning. "During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability (if applicable)." It's been a year since they got rid of the ultrasonic sensors on the S/X, and they still haven't got this stuff working? Surely FSD must work, at least mostly. Anybody know what's compromised?

I asked for the build date using the chat in the app, and the reply was that the assigned VIN was built in March 2024. Then I asked what day and they said the Monroney said March. So what is the right question to ask and the right person to ask to get an actual answer as to the exact date?
I went by a showroom and talked to an SA there. He of course knew nothing of the rumored front bumper camera and such.

He told me my car was built on March 8, same day I ordered and before I filled out the registration stuff. Is that believable?

I said the language on the web site seemed to imply that the 5000 or 10,000 free supercharging miles could be used only on the new car purchased (meaning not even on any other car on the same account), and pointed out that that would be rather pointless if the car came with free unlimited supercharging. He checked with someone and said that that is indeed the case. Anybody think this is really true?

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8
Build Date: 3/8
Received VIN: 3/12
Estimated Delivery Date: March 14-21, 2024

But I'm again stymied as the app is providing a home delivery only, which I don't want.

I got 5K supercharging miles in my referral account even though I had a super charging transfer. Haven’t tried, but assume it will apply to any car in my account.

Expires 9/2024, guess I need to go on some road trips.
Can you go try it on a different car on your account and report back? SA told me it was locked to the new car's VIN, although that seems unlikely to me.

I got 5K supercharging miles in my referral account even though I had a super charging transfer. Haven’t tried, but assume it will apply to any car in my account.

Expires 9/2024, guess I need to go on some road trips.
It's supposed to last 2 years. I read somewhere it takes a couple days to switch to 2 years from the 6 months, you may need to reach out to a SA.

Reactions: dailo
Can you go try it on a different car on your account and report back? SA told me it was locked to the new car's VIN, although that seems unlikely to me.
I tried it on the car where FUSC was transferred from and the cost was free, though on the car screen there was a cost. It hasn’t deducted anything from my 5000 miles yet but I think that will happen later. There is no mention of VIN in the referral miles.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
Sarasota FL
Ordered 3/1/24
VIN assigned 03/15/24
Build date 02/14/24??
White / white
6 seater
steering wheel, 20” wheels

Just got my VIN today and find they’ve assigned me an inventory car built last month. Is there anything I can do aside from canceling and reordering? I am planning on transferring FSD so I’m worried to miss the deadline for that but I also don’t want last month’s build if somehow updates are included later this month.

I'm really thinking of putting my order on hold and then ordering the Tax edition....but the two seats in the back will be useful for the kids....so still on the fence.
Those two little seats in the back will also help on resale, most people looking at used X’s dont want a 5 seater, over the next few years there will be a ton of 5 seaters and their value will be 👎

Sarasota FL
Ordered 3/1/24
VIN assigned 03/15/24
Build date 02/14/24??
White / white
6 seater
steering wheel, 20” wheels

Just got my VIN today and find they’ve assigned me an inventory car built last month. Is there anything I can do aside from canceling and reordering? I am planning on transferring FSD so I’m worried to miss the deadline for that but I also don’t want last month’s build if somehow updates are included later this month.
you can reject the Vin and request that your order be put on hold. They will put it on hold for up to 14 days for you, but if you are transferring FSD and you don’t have a new VIN in time I am unsure what happens then.

Colorado
XLR, Stealth Gray/black, 20”, 5 seater (aka the “Tax Edition”)
Ordered 2/21/24
No vin yet
EDD 3/17 - 4/21
Update: finally contacted today with a VIN assignment and asking me to confirm that I understand no USS so no Autopark/Summon until Vision is squared away. EDD updated to 3/16 - 3/25. YES!

Who should I contact re: build date? I wasn't working with a sales associate.

I received an update today with my VIN number and a new estimated delivery dates of 3/23 to 3/30. I don't have a production date yet but I don't hold out much hope for the front camera or interior lighting from what I'm reading here and on Reddit.
NY
Tax Edition
OD 2/14
No VIN
EDD 3/11 to 4/15
Got a schedule delivery date range today between 2/23 to 2/27,picked 3/24 in Mt Kisco NY. Sent SA text for build date. No response yet.