Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my car next week Sunday - 3/24. Anybody know if it's written on the car when picking it up for the built date?
My understanding is that the Month and Year it was built are listed on the sticker on the driver's door jamb, but it doesn't provide the day.

I asked Tesla through the app for the build date and they sent it to me within 24 hours.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
NY
Tax Edition
OD 2 /14
VIN 3/9
DD 3/24
Build D 3/7
I'm sure this means no camera but as somebody else said I ordered it didn't know anything about the camera and other features coming so I'm fine with it looking forward to the delivery.

NY
Tax Edition
OD 2 /14
VIN 3/9
DD 3/24
Build D 3/7
I'm sure this means no camera but as somebody else said I ordered it didn't know anything about the camera and other features coming so I'm fine with it looking forward to the delivery.
Agreed. I pick mine up on Thursday. When I ordered, I hadn't see that rumor. It was only when I came to this site that people were talking about it.

Well, I stopped by the Tesla store since I was kind of close by, drove around the lot and saw a couple specs like mine, tried to see if I could find one that matched my VIN. Sure enough. Its there. The window sticker was on the front seat and had a build of 3/2024, and almost 100% no front camera and no ambient lighting. It was cold and I had somewhere to be so I didn’t look over the car really, but it seemed decent at quick glance.

I take delivery Friday at 5.

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

Well, I stopped by the Tesla store since I was kind of close by, drove around the lot and saw a couple specs like mine, tried to see if I could find one that matched my VIN. Sure enough. Its there. The window sticker was on the front seat and had a build of 3/2024, and almost 100% no front camera and no ambient lighting. It was cold and I had somewhere to be so I didn’t look over the car really, but it seemed decent at quick glance.

View attachment 1029446

View attachment 1029447

View attachment 1029448

View attachment 1029449

View attachment 1029450
I take delivery of the exact same spec as yours 11am this Friday! Looks sweet!

Reactions: Dmithun and TyH2009
I went by a showroom and talked to an SA there. He of course knew nothing of the rumored front bumper camera and such.

He told me my car was built on March 8, same day I ordered and before I filled out the registration stuff. Is that believable?

I said the language on the web site seemed to imply that the 5000 or 10,000 free supercharging miles could be used only on the new car purchased (meaning not even on any other car on the same account), and pointed out that that would be rather pointless if the car came with free unlimited supercharging. He checked with someone and said that that is indeed the case. Anybody think this is really true?

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8
Build Date: 3/8
Received VIN: 3/12
Estimated Delivery Date: March 14-21, 2024

But I'm again stymied as the app is providing a home delivery only, which I don't want.
I talked to a different SA at a different showroom and the story was the same. If the new car has free unlimited supercharging, the supercharging miles promotion is useless. The promotion miles are locked to the VIN of the new vehicle.

Meanwhile, I had let my order be put on hold when I got no timely response on my request for a non-home delivery. Today (3/18) I told them to proceed. I got assigned a VIN within five minutes of restarting the order. It was a new VIN, but only 74 newer than the previous one. And the SA told me that it was also built on March 8th, so I guess they built a bunch of them that day. It seems very unlikely that I've improved my chances of getting any hardware updates.

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/18
Build Date: 3/8
Received VIN: 3/18
Estimated Delivery Date: March 19-27, 2024

Make sure they fix that driver side door alignment.

Do you think I should send them a message and say, hey, I happened to see that my X is in the lot and noticed the drivers side FWD needs to be adjusted, just wanted to point it out before delivery.
I would message your SA and mention that you saw the vehicle in the lot and noticed the door adjustment issue. Ask them to have it fixed before delivery or you'll be rejecting the vehicle.

Reactions: TyH2009
I would message your SA and mention that you saw the vehicle in the lot and noticed the door adjustment issue. Ask them to have it fixed before delivery or you'll be rejecting the vehicle.
Man, I need one of you guys to come pick up my car with me today. I saw those pics and was like “sweet car, looks good.” I didn’t notice anything.

But now that everyone is pointing it out, yeah, I guess I see how the two doors don’t line up properly.

Man, I need one of you guys to come pick up my car with me today. I saw those pics and was like “sweet car, looks good.” I didn’t notice anything.

But now that everyone is pointing it out, yeah, I guess I see how the two doors don’t line up properly.
I highly recommend either printing out or keeping the comprehensive checklist that’s available in the pinned message when you go pickup your car. I did that when I went to pick up my 2020 M3LR and it was extremely helpful.

Reactions: duck_on_quack
Still no VIN on my Model X Tax Edition.
Ordered 2/24, estimated delivery date Feb-Mar 2024, then March 2024, then March 18th-April 22nd and staying steady there. Will cancel my order on 3/31 since I will lose all incentives at that point--free FSD transfer from my 2020 Model Y LR, $1,000 off for Cybertruck reservation plus 10,000 supercharging miles for trade-in and purchase. I'll keep the Model Y at that point as there is noihing wrong with it, and not worth the hassle unless they guarantee me in writing I will still get all the incentives. Plus I have 46 Tesla solar panels and a Powerwall and just applied for early Cybertruck order since I am a qualified Tesla shareholder. Figured I would have had at least a VIN by now based on other posts from people here in Denver area.