Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marina Del Rey Delivery with Paint Chip!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After waiting 2 weeks since placing the order (seems like forever!) I was able to pick up my Model 3 LR RWD today!

Anyways after waiting for over an hour, I finally see them pulling my car out of the warehouse. When I got to see my car, I can see that it hasn't really been detailed like they said it had been. There were still dust from transpo in the crevices of the car... But that can be taken care of easily.

My main issues is that when I was inspecting the glass roof and the rear windshield, I saw a lot of white dots. First I thought it was dust, but no amount of wiping with a towel can remove them and couldn't scrape them off with my fingernails. My delivery rep took some pictures and said she will have to send it to the service center and I may need to have the roof and rear windshield replaced! Has anyone gone through this before?

Also, I noticed a paint chip on the bottom of the driver side door. I almost didn't see it until I got down to my knees to inspect the underside of the car. Again she took pictures and said would contact me about getting it fixed...

For those who went through similar process, did you get anything in writing that Tesla will fix these imperfections? This really put a damper on my delivery day even though I was prepared by reading all of the issues other people had on this forum... But once I step on that 'gas' peddle, that put a smile on my face.

TL;DR - Got some imperfections (cosmetic) on my car during delivery (dots on glass roof and windshield and paint chip). Should I have gotten something in writing that Tesla will fix it?

IMG_6025.jpg

When your DA notes issues, they get passed on to service along with any you find within the due bill period (3 days I think it was) and those also get relayed to service (with your photos). You likely got an email about them being sent (we did). Did they keep the car to send it off or did you have to schedule the due bill work at your convenience? Wondering where you are with this process.

It took our car about a month as they had just decided in our area that the local service centers wouldn’t be doing the work (freeing them up for other owners’ issues) and instead the cars would be going to the pop up body center. This was during the end of Sept rush and I made the appointment first week in October with local service, only to have the pop up schedule us for the following week as they were filling up appointments fast. Car BTW when we got it back looked great.

Last edited: