Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint chips at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday, and noticed 3 paint chips when I was going over the car (all in different places). The sales tech came out and tried taking the buffer to them, but was unable to repair it (I think he hoped they were wax build up). He suggested I make an appt with the service center, so I did so. I kept asking if there was a way to document this on their end that I picked up the car with these issues, but he said there wasn't.

I now have an appointment next week to repair these, but I'm a bit nervous on what the quality of paint repair work is within Tesla. Do I have to worry it may come back worse? If they perhaps buff aggressively and have paint discoloration, etc. I'm wondering if I'm better off just leaving them.

Thanks!!!
PXL_20230227_213354750.jpg
PXL_20230227_213330984.jpg
PXL_20230227_212944180.MP.jpg

Last edited:
When I left, I asked about the chips as I was looking over the car at the dealer, when I went back to accept delivery and told the guy how do we take care of the alignment and chip issues?

He told me that I have 24hrs or 100miles (which ever comes second) to make the claims. However, I need to make sure that I make the claims all at once and not one at a time. Take all the pics send them over as you make the service visit on the app.