Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mass EV Rebates Return- But many Tesla buyers won't be eligible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
MOR-EV | MOR-EV is a statewide program that issues up to $1,500 in rebates for plug-in electric vehicle buyers
Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is reestablishing Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV), making at least $27 million available per year in 2020 and 2021.

MOR-EV eligibility requirements effective January 1, 2020:
Only purchases and leases made on or after January 1, 2020 are eligible.
  • Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) with a sales price under $50,000 are eligible for a $2,500 rebate.
  • Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) with a sales price under $50,000 and an all-electric range of 25+ miles are eligible for a $1,500 rebate.
  • Zero-emission Motorcycles (ZEMs) will no longer be eligible.
Good for many electric an plug-in vehicle buyers but the Model S/Y are too expensive as well as Model 3's that select the dual motor option with FSD. Still good news for sustainability.

Interesting that the title of the MOR-EV link is wrong: <title>MOR-EV | MOR-EV is a statewide program that issues up to $1,500 in rebates for plug-in electric vehicle buyers</title>
It should be $2,500.

If I got the MORE EV rebate for my M3 SR+, can I still upgrade to a M3 LR by selling/trading in my current M3 within a year? Just realized that the SR+ range may not be sufficient for my trips during certain winter/snow conditions based on abetterrouteplanner and the lack of Superchargers along the route.

If I got the MORE EV rebate for my M3 SR+, can I still upgrade to a M3 LR by selling/trading in my current M3 within a year? Just realized that the SR+ range may not be sufficient for my trips during certain winter/snow conditions based on abetterrouteplanner and the lack of Superchargers along the route.
The rule is that you have to hold the car for three years.
Not sure what the procedure would be if you upgrade an EV, do you have to return the first rebate and apply for the new one or if you can just keep the original. I'd contact them and ask.