Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix headlight adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I own a model 3 Long Range, and the lights seems to be very low. I have found guides for adjusting, like this, Help with Model 3 Headlights Adjustment Settings , but it seems the light pattern under adjustment is different for the matrix lights.

Does anyone know if it's the two 'taps', that should be in a height of 60 cm and 72 cm to each side of the center?

IMG_20220123_140851.jpg

My original headlight was way too high, and drove back to Tesla ask for proper adjustment, then it went way too low....

So I followed the steps on the service manual (free to subscribe), Headlights - Adjust - Global (Wall Method), and pretty happy now.

Upvote 0
My original headlight was way too high, and drove back to Tesla ask for proper adjustment, then it went way too low....

So I followed the steps on the service manual (free to subscribe), Headlights - Adjust - Global (Wall Method), and pretty happy now.
Can you please provide a like to the service manual that explains how to adjust the matrix headlights?

Upvote 0
So I signed up and used the recommendations in the service manual for global lights. What I found was that the calibration it does before giving access to adjustments is pretty much spot on where they need to be. I also found out, despite the instructions, there is no to adjust horizontal settings, it does nothing when you click left and right, only vertical adjustments can be made. This may be due to being in the US idk

Upvote 0