Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max drivere seat height in Mx vs My

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone- I am short, currently driving an Acura MDX and getting ready to buy either a Tesla MY or MX. Unfortunately there aren't any Tesla dealerships anywhere close to me. I love sitting up high in my MDX and want to buy a Tesla which would give me the same height if possible. I would be very grateful if someone could measure the height of the drivers seat (at max height) for both models. I saw a post on another model where someone took a level and placed it on the side bumper, then leveled it and aligned it with a measuring tape in the vertical position measuring from the ground up. I'm trying to find out which of the two models offers the highest driver seat position and whether either model offers a driver seat position as high as my MDX. I know there are a lot of other factors to consider, not the least of which is price, but this is one factor which is very important to me. Thanks in advance!

What you want is the hip point height, that's how that's measured in the industry. With the door open, measure from the ground to joint where the vertical seat back meets the horizontal seat bottom, with the seat in your preferred position, and that'll tell you whether you're higher or not. Measure it on your current car and then measure it on anything you are considering driving and you'll have a good way to compare empirically. But so much about "seat height" is whether you can see out to your satisfaction, and that's pretty personal. No way to try it without trying it. Just corner a local owner.

Upvote 0
What you want is the hip point height, that's how that's measured in the industry. With the door open, measure from the ground to joint where the vertical seat back meets the horizontal seat bottom, with the seat in your preferred position, and that'll tell you whether you're higher or not. Measure it on your current car and then measure it on anything you are considering driving and you'll have a good way to compare empirically. But so much about "seat height" is whether you can see out to your satisfaction, and that's pretty personal. No way to try it without trying it. Just corner a local owner.
Thanks!

Upvote 0