Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver seat max height in MX vs MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone- I am short, currently driving an Acura MDX and getting ready to buy either a Tesla MY or MX. Unfortunately there aren't any Tesla dealerships anywhere close to me. I love sitting up high in my MDX and want to buy a Tesla which would give me the same height if possible. I would be very grateful if someone could measure the height of the drivers seat (at max height) for both models. I saw a post on another model where someone took a level and placed it on the side bumper, then leveled it and aligned it with a measuring tape in the vertical position measuring from the ground up. I'm trying to find out which of the two models offers the highest driver seat position and whether either model offers a driver seat position as high as my MDX. I know there are a lot of other factors to consider, not the least of which is price, but this is one factor which is very important to me. Thanks in advance!

On my LR Model Y the average distance from the top of the seat bolster to ground is 27 inches. The middle of the seat is 2.5 to 3 inches below the top of the bolster.

My driveway is not level. I measured 24" on one side and 30" on the other. The average is 27".

On my LR Model Y the average distance from the top of the seat bolster to ground is 27 inches. The middle of the seat is 2.5 to 3 inches below the top of the bolster.

My driveway is not level. I measured 24" on one side and 30" on the other. The average is 27".
I didn’t have my measuring tape when I went to an SC, but I did notice that the seat rail (at least passenger side) seems tilted, with it being lower the further back. So being pushed fully forward or back might change the measurements.

I didn’t have my measuring tape when I went to an SC, but I did notice that the seat rail (at least passenger side) seems tilted, with it being lower the further back. So being pushed fully forward or back might change the measurements.
Yes. I was going to say, nothing is level and there are all sorts of things that will affect the measurement. When I moved the seats all the way up, they also moved forward, perhaps to keep the distance to the pedals reasonably constant. This seemed like a good place to take the measurement.