Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxpider 3D trunk mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy with all of my Maxpider kagu custom mats. Have a full set for interior of my Model 3 plus both trunk areas. We have an interior set for our Model S as well. Just a great product IMO.

I received my Model 3 cargo mat on Tuesday from PartCatalog and posted about it in another Maxpider Kagu thread. I was asked about accessibility to the lower trunk area and posted photos showing it that you guys might be interested in seeing: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

Also here’s a link to the Maxpider kagu frunk mat I had received the week before: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

For a larger photo of the cargo mat you can zoom in on: 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

BTW for groceries I have a Rola Cargo Organizer. Vehicle Interior Organizer I have the larger one (comes in 2 sizes) and this one fits perfectly in the lower trunk of our Model S. Unfortunately from what I understand from users’ reports when the Model 3 came out, the smaller version does not fit in that car’s lower trunk portion like the larger one does in the Model S. So my organizer sits on top of my cargo area. The organizer does collapse flat and has a very short footprint height-wise so I keep my large organizer collapsed when not in use and ready to popup when I need it. Being flat and if you have your rear seats down (for purposes of discouranging car break ins), it’s obvious that you don’t have anything stored in it back in the cargo area which I think is important. I’ll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow. It’s a great product (American made) and has a solid kind of rubberized bottom that doesn’t slide around.

Thanks as always for the informative posts @SMAlset. I have the internal kagu mats but not the frunk / trunk, and your pics help a lot in me making a decision. I use my lower trunk area every day to put my backpack in for my 35 mile each way commute to work (I dont like things sliding in the trunk).

Still deciding but thanks again for the post and the pics (and organizer information)

Reactions: SMAlset
Has anyone found a mat that doesn't cover the subtrunk at all? I also use it all the time.
Thanks as always for the informative posts @SMAlset. I have the internal kagu mats but not the frunk / trunk, and your pics help a lot in me making a decision. I use my lower trunk area every day to put my backpack in for my 35 mile each way commute to work (I dont like things sliding in the trunk).

Still deciding but thanks again for the post and the pics (and organizer information)
I use subtrunk a lot and I like the MaxPiders for their ability to hinge.

Thing is we often use the lower trunk for the baby stroller (upright, just fits), so even a hinge may not be enough. But it seems like there are no two piece or just front section mats available. Will have to find some other solution I guess.

Thing is we often use the lower trunk for the baby stroller (upright, just fits), so even a hinge may not be enough. But it seems like there are no two piece or just front section mats available. Will have to find some other solution I guess.
It should be possible to cut the mat at the fold and create your own two-piece kit. It is not going to be weatherproof but will still work as carpet protection and to prevent things from sliding around easily. The only potential hiccup is that the mats may not lay perfectly flat at the newly cut seam.

Thanks for sharing. I sell them on my site and you can get the forum discount of $16 below minimum sale price on a front and rear set of cargo mats by using coupon code TMC. If you only order the front or rear set use coupon code CARGO at checkout for $5 below minimum pricing. www.joecarstuff.com

Joe, do you sell the matching trunk and frunk mats from 3d MAXpider for Model X 6 seater (third row stays up). I have these floor mats:

3D MAXpider TESLA MODEL X NON-FOLDING 6-SEATS 2016-2017 KAGU BLACK FIRST ROW SECOND ROW THIRD ROW - Joe Car Stuff

But cant seem to find the matching trunk and frunk ones anywhere.

Attachments

• 3d maxpider (3).jpg
    3d maxpider (3).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 3d maxpider (2).jpg
    3d maxpider (2).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 3d maxpider (1).jpg
    3d maxpider (1).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 113
  • taptes (2).jpg
    taptes (2).jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 107
  • taptes (1).jpg
    taptes (1).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 98
  • taptes (4).jpg
    taptes (4).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 108
  • taptes (3).jpg
    taptes (3).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 105
Just got my Maxpider Trunk mats from Partcatalog yesterday. Thought I would share what they look like for anyone looking for a trunk mat since I don't see them posted yet. While I don't see them on the website, they sent me an email to order since I had bought the Maxpider Floor mats from them earlier. I placed this order at the end of November. The mat was $100, which was less than the Tesla mats at $130, though the email said that would be promotional pricing for people that bought the floor mats from them.

The coverage is pretty complete, and I think it covers more than the Weathertech style Tesla Mat does. The back corners which are raised are coverd by the Maxpider Mat, but not the Weathertech. The area on the left side where the trunk sinks down is not covered, but everywhere else is. The material is the same that the Maxpider floor mats use.

There is a fold in the mat that allows you to access the subtrunk easily. I really wish someone would sell a mat that has a subtrunk cover that I could maybe fold back so I could use the subtrunk if it wasn't covered, or if I usually drove without the subtrunk cover. Maybe if I were carrying grocery bags or a plant in the subtrunk that I wanted to keep upright, I could fold the section back and put something taller into the subtrunk. As it is now I'd have to remove the mat entirely to do that. I'd have to cut the mat where the subtrunk cover is to do that, and I am not yet ready to do that with my brand new mats. With the mat, I could see that I would just never use the subtrunk, where if I didn't have a mat I'd likely regularly just drive without the subtrunk cover.

Overall I would recommend it over the Tesla brand mat since the coverage is better and the fold makes it easier to access the subtrunk.

View attachment 375012

Which mats were these? I am looking for a rear cargo mat for the post-2017 7-seat MX, but I have not found one that fits properly. Any help would be appreciated!

I purchased the maxpider 3D trunk mat from partcatalog.
3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor Mats
I don't know if they have a model X version.

If I were buying today the Taptes mats look very similar for a lower price, but I have never seen in person. I haven't really kept up with it since I purchased mine, so there could be other options, but they seem to have a model X cargo mat. Never seen it so I can't vouch for it personally.
Rear Lower Cargo Mat for Tesla Model X