Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat trunkmat and sub-trunk compartment folding question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen lots of discussions about floor mats in general, but I can't find anybody speaking to how well the Tuxmat trunk mat works. Specifically, it doesn't have a crease along the middle where the subtrunk piece opens. When you open the panel to access the subtrunk, how does the mat behave? Does it fold cleanly, or does the mat pop up to form a triangle together with the floor panels, potentially shifting everything in the process?

If anybody has pictures, I would most appreciate it. Thanks!

I just put these in yesterday. They trunk matt is okay I guess, its nothing super special like the front and second row. The sub trunk matts really arent all that as well. They do pretty well for coverage I guess. Doesnt feel worth 200 bucks vs the front row ones. when you fold up the sub trunk you can get to it okay, it does fold in half okay. The second further back sub trunk would be harder to get at, but the tuxmat is pretty light so its easy to push out of the way

Reactions: purge00
I've seen lots of discussions about floor mats in general, but I can't find anybody speaking to how well the Tuxmat trunk mat works. Specifically, it doesn't have a crease along the middle where the subtrunk piece opens. When you open the panel to access the subtrunk, how does the mat behave? Does it fold cleanly, or does the mat pop up to form a triangle together with the floor panels, potentially shifting everything in the process?

If anybody has pictures, I would most appreciate it. Thanks!
Waiting on my Tuxmat 3-Piece Trunk Package to be delivered; I'll check it out and take photos. I have their 1st & 2nd rows floor mats, which are outstanding; I'm hoping the same for the trunk mats.

Here is a snap. The fit is okay. You get the same clips that work on 1st and 2nd row, but the way the lip fits against the cargo area, there is not a lot of "bite" on the velcro clips, so I left them off. It doesnt feel like its going to go anywhere. Plus with it slidy, its easier to get to the sub-trunks.
The seat backs are from Ali baba

Tuxmat should have raised up the sides to really one up what everyone else is doing. Isnt that their main advantage?

Also pictured is the doggo hammock from tesla. Which is super easy to deploy, and really like it.

@freed0m Love the avatar, that painting is awesome.

Attachments

• messages_0 (13).jpeg
    messages_0 (13).jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: purge00 and freed0m
Here is a snap. The fit is okay. You get the same clips that work on 1st and 2nd row, but the way the lip fits against the cargo area, there is not a lot of "bite" on the velcro clips, so I left them off. It doesnt feel like its going to go anywhere. Plus with it slidy, its easier to get to the sub-trunks.
The seat backs are from Ali baba

Tuxmat should have raised up the sides to really one up what everyone else is doing. Isnt that their main advantage?

Also pictured is the doggo hammock from tesla. Which is super easy to deploy, and really like it.

@freed0m Love the avatar, that painting is awesome.
The Tuxmat looks classy in your MY, and the fit is spot on; I can't wait to get mine. I also ordered a seatback set and am expecting delivery soon. I appreciate the nice comment regarding the avatar; my fav as well 👍