Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe Canada needs a few more Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re on a road trip that has taken us into Ontario. Yesterday we saw that 5 of the first 7 nearest Superchargers showed waits:

52287411989_7444221713_c.jpg

In the US we’ve only seen that “wait“ icon once before. To be fair, we have still never had to actually wait, though yesterday we got 1 of 2 available slots and the other was quickly taken.

52286168417_737a27e684_c.jpg

I hope Tesla can stay ahead of the curve on Superchargers both in Canada and elsewhere, especially if and when they open up to other marques.

Having a great trip regardless!

52286168087_e095d9d2db_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WarEagleGo
Last edited:
I have had a similar recent experience with many of the Superchargers you are showing - In particular, the 2 in Kingston, Belleville and Port Hope.

(On that same trip, I also went through the Supercharger in Victor, NY which is also displayed on your Nav screen. Didn't have a wait but there was only 1 open stall during the time I was there which dramatically impacted charging speeds overall)

Reactions: FastEddieB
Maybe? We absolutely need more charging options. Unless you take THE main highway, you're going to end up without superchargers. (EDIT: and the ones you find will be busy) It's difficult to rely on the car's navigation system.

Barring the installation of many more superchargers, what we really need is easy access to a CCS solution.