Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Maybe) Newbie question - Sentry mode keeps activating for no apparent reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Picked up the M3 on Monday. First new car we've ever owned and we love pretty much everything about it (except maybe the satnav, which I think GMaps does better, imho)

Anyway, I set up sentry mode last night and got back to the car this morning and had about 200 events, which was pretty surprising considering how quiet our street is. I had a look through the videos and I really can't see what's been setting off the sentry as there is nobody around, no cars driving past, no foxes or cats. The only thing occasionally moving in the breeze is a pot plant that's half a metre or so away from the car.

Is our M3 diligently keeping us safe from the nefarious and suspicious actions of our plants???

Hello all,

Picked up the M3 on Monday. First new car we've ever owned and we love pretty much everything about it (except maybe the satnav, which I think GMaps does better, imho)

Anyway, I set up sentry mode last night and got back to the car this morning and had about 200 events, which was pretty surprising considering how quiet our street is. I had a look through the videos and I really can't see what's been setting off the sentry as there is nobody around, no cars driving past, no foxes or cats. The only thing occasionally moving in the breeze is a pot plant that's half a metre or so away from the car.

Is our M3 diligently keeping us safe from the nefarious and suspicious actions of our plants???
It could well be the pot plant. The closer something is to the car, the less movement is needed to trigger sentry mode. Try temporarily moving the plant to another location away from the car.