Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

McGard Lug Nuts part number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of McGard Splinedrive 65515 from a previous car that I believe will fit (M14x1.5 thread). I think the individual sets of four lug nuts is 65315. Is anyone else using these and know if the length is correct, i.e., has the right amount of thread engagement? The only previous post I can find on this is one by @Bigtuna00

If they are conical lug nuts with a 60-degree cut, then they should work on your Model Y wheels. If they're acorn lug nuts, then those aren't designed to work with factory Tesla wheels.

Really, the type of lug nuts to use depends on what type of wheels you have, as the wheel lug nut seat will dictate the type of nuts you need.

This was somebody else's picture, but I'm using the same Gorilla lug nuts. Next to it is a factory Model Y lug nut, and you can see they're both a conical lug nut with a 60-degree cut.

Gorilla-Tesla-Lugs.jpg

The question is whether there is enough depth within the lug nut for the wheel stud. I just emailed McGard and they said 65515 would be too short and would bottom out, and recommended 65510 (the longest 1.9"). However, in the post linked above it seems like Bigtuna00 thought 65515 was fine and 65510 was visually too long.

That Gorilla does look closer to the length of the 65515 though. What is the part number for that? Thanks.

Last edited: