Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU playing Word Search with me....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started seeing missing/jumbled alphabets 3 days ago. Goes away after reboot, but recurs. Anyone has the same deal ?

Last firmware update 3 weeks ago.

Ver 2018.42.2

Attachments

• YqEAw0CzTLyY9c7+blJj7Q.jpg
    YqEAw0CzTLyY9c7+blJj7Q.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 08+IuTfgTZ+QBBc5HvjYbQ.jpg
    08+IuTfgTZ+QBBc5HvjYbQ.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 40
Started seeing missing/jumbled alphabets 3 days ago. Goes away after reboot, but recurs. Anyone has the same deal ?

Last firmware update 3 weeks ago.

Ver 2018.42.2

I had the identical situation in my 2014 Model S about a week ago. The touchscreen cut out on me. By coincidence, the ranger was scheduled to repair a door handle on the car on Tuesday. I showed him the touchscreen, and he had never seen it before. He took some pictures to relay to engineering.

While he was still here, he looked up my software update history. He noticed that my car had tried to download a minor update over 20 (!) times over the past week or so, and each time the download was aborted. Our wifi in the garage where the S is parked is spotty. I moved the car onto the street and made sure the 3G was connected. He pushed the download to me again. Three hours later I received notification that the download was ready for installation. At this time, the touchscreen was still wonky. I promptly updated the software. Voila! That issue vanished, and the touchscreen is back to a normal display.

I would look into whether your car is having difficulty downloading the most recent update. I do not know if your home wifi is intermittent like ours. All I know is that once we completed the installation, we were good.

All the best!

Reactions: Corsair