Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 + HW3 Stop Light Control (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently learned that upgrading my AP2.0 and MCU1 tesla model x to MCU2 will also give it HW3

I am aware that having this upgrade means that the car CAN SEE traffic lights and stop signs

however if I DO NOT purchase the FULL SELF DRIVING package will it still stop at a red light? Or will it literally see the red light and go straight past it.
I would think that’s kind of stupid for a car to do if it was that smart in the first place so please can someone let me know.

thanks

Every new Tesla has the capability to stop at red lights and do everything else the FSD option currently offers, but you don’t get those features unless you pay for them. From what I recall, Autosteer without FSD will warn you if you’re going to run a red light, but won’t stop.

Hi, I recently learned that upgrading my AP2.0 and MCU1 tesla model x to MCU2 will also give it HW3

I am aware that having this upgrade means that the car CAN SEE traffic lights and stop signs

however if I DO NOT purchase the FULL SELF DRIVING package will it still stop at a red light? Or will it literally see the red light and go straight past it.
I would think that’s kind of stupid for a car to do if it was that smart in the first place so please can someone let me know.

thanks
Your understanding is correct. It will see the lights but not stop for the unless you have paid for fsd.