Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mcu2 question - Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if I'm in the wrong on this. Or should I escalate this at the service center:

So yes HW3 and MCU1 is possible but your AP will be stuck at v11.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to MCU2 but the new quote is 2250 vs the 1750.

Should MCU2 be 1750 or 2250 for my Model S?
Tesla support phone number is just as confused as I am. They said send the URL to the service center.

(-2017 Model S 90D with FSD (HW3))

Anyone know if I'm in the wrong on this. Or should I escalate this at the service center:

So yes HW3 and MCU1 is possible but your AP will be stuck at v11.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to MCU2 but the new quote is 2250 vs the 1750.

Should MCU2 be 1750 or 2250 for my Model S?
Tesla support phone number is just as confused as I am. They said send the URL to the service center.

(-2017 Model S 90D with FSD (HW3))
If you have HW3 already, the price will be $1750 without FM/XM. The box with the $2250 kit also contains the HW3 computer which is required for HW2/HW2.5 cars. Your car was upgraded to HW3 after purchase and the Tesla system quotes repairs/upgrades based on the original build sheet. Once your car is in the SC, the parts manager would be the one to make the correction as the PM is responsible for confirming part accuracy.

Update: I stopped by Tesla argued with the service manager for a good five minutes. He acted like he knew better than me and I said hey, if I’m wrong, I’m wrong but if I’m right, I just the adjust the price please and then he went back. Five minutes later came back all mopey going. You were right. I kind of wanted to add insult to injury telling him told you so, but I didn’t.

Reactions: blodg1