Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet The X- Chicago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I was waiting for someone to post about this and I was just going to piggyback, but, surprisingly, no one did. So here I am! Unfortunately, I didn't take many pics either. Firstly, after watching so many reviews online, I felt like I knew the car well. Sitting in it was definitely a nice experience. It's a lot bigger and roomier than I expected. I am used to driving my husband's S and my head almost hits the roof in his car because I like to be high (I normally drive a Mercedes Bluetec). I had two of my kids and my 10 year old was the one who noticed no type of storage, AT ALL, in the second and third row seats. Very disappointing for her, but she was excited that everyone will have their own USB port to charge their phones. The falcon doors were disabled, unfortunately, for safety purposes, which kind of sucked. So we didn't get to experience that at all. In the past, my kids have thrown up from my husband's S a few times from being car sick and so when they sat in the MX back row, they felt it was roomy. We're hoping for no more car sickness in this car *fingers crossed*. I was very surprised to realize that the 6-seater is much nicer than the 7-seater. It makes the 3rd row a lot roomier. Unfortunately we have already configured and delivery will be within the month. The red color was beautiful. I would have considered it if I saw it before hand (pics below). I am also very happy with the choice of the white seats, they looked great. Lastly, one little observation; I noticed the Tesla logo on the front looks like it can be easily pulled and broken off. Remember when Mercedes first made their cars and they had their logo sticking out on the front and it became little souvenirs for some people??? Well, I am little afraid of that for my Tesla. I live in Chicago and park on the street a lot. Let's hope that doesn't become a thing. :crying:

IMG_3622.jpg

I also attended this event, there weren't as many people there as I would of imagined. It was very nice to actually sit in the third row, certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They even served complementary wine and cheese cake!

I thought the dark grey looked really good too, but MC red will always be my favorite.

Screenshot_2016-02-16-17-21-23.png
Screenshot_2016-02-16-17-21-27.png
20160215_194534.jpg
20160215_190445.jpg
Screenshot_2016-02-16-17-21-05 (2).png

Also just went on a test drive today of the X and it was really cool, the windshield looked amazing, you need to experience it in person.

Last edited: