Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Messages keep turning off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get in my car I’ve started to notice that messages do not sync from my phone to the car. If I go into the car’s Bluetooth I see “sync messages” is off.

If I turn it back on it seems to reset again after a few days. I’ve re-paired my phone and it makes no difference.

Anybody else experiencing the same?

Tesla 3 2020.12.11.1
iPhone 11 13.4.1

I noticed a truncated on screen message yesterday when I was playing with the car for the first time since 2 updates implying that text messages were no longer supported on my phone. Text reading use to work. Don't know if it is because I tried starting a texting for the first time or something broken with text on iOS 12 so I can no longer receive texts also. The implication was that iOS 13.something was needed, but the something was truncated. Try sending a text message via voice to see if you see similar.

I noticed a truncated on screen message yesterday when I was playing with the car for the first time since 2 updates implying that text messages were no longer supported on my phone. Text reading use to work. Don't know if it is because I tried starting a texting for the first time or something broken with text on iOS 12 so I can no longer receive texts also. The implication was that iOS 13.something was needed, but the something was truncated. Try sending a text message via voice to see if you see similar.

That's now I noticed it - the truncated message has enough characters to tell me that message sync needed to be turned on.

My original post is about messages turning off completely. If you gat truncated massages that’s something different to this topic.
The truncated message was an error message from the car explaining (as much as was displayed on screen which was not much but something about iOS version and Android) why the car could not do what I was asking it to do (send a text message) not a truncated text message. Sounds like the message that @aquilum got contained more info about having to turning message sync back on.

Reactions: aquilum
When I get in my car I’ve started to notice that messages do not sync from my phone to the car. If I go into the car’s Bluetooth I see “sync messages” is off.

If I turn it back on it seems to reset again after a few days. I’ve re-paired my phone and it makes no difference.

Anybody else experiencing the same?

Tesla 3 2020.12.11.1
iPhone 11 13.4.1
Yep also noticed this. I have to keep switching it back on (Sentry not working and this!)

Sadly this is not the case. No updates for me and message sync was off again for me today.

Correct, I’ve run into that as well now.

Also voice on navigation was turned off on me. But that only happened once. But on top of that I often get no Nav voice if I’m on the phone. First I thought it was because I was on the phone. Then realized it was turned off. Thought was fixed but then notice no Nav announce when on phone again but this time it was on.