Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin CrossClimate + Installed on Model P3D (18 inch Aero)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

So Today I finally got my tires changed at 20700 miles.. On my Model 3 It still had some tread left but I got it changed anyways. I was able to get the Michelin CrossClimate+

First Impression slow speeds do not hear any diffrence (Again I only have this rite now for maybe 20-30 mins max). However today it was raining the very first day though too early maybe to tell other noises. But anyhow so I drove in the rain one thing I noticed Right away (On the Freeway) is the way it cuts the water you definitely can hear that Loud and clear .. It makes a weird noise like more like a jet spray hitting your wheel well.

Specially when you try to floor the vehicle (When the road is wet) Now Again as it was raining Today and I just got the tires have not drove it in dry weather yet.

I was wondering if anyone here has noticed this Noise in wet weather ?

Another thing I am experiencing is Americas tire did set the tire to 45 .. However one of the TPMS Right Rear to be exact is reading 39.. I went again they checked and confirmed it is 45 and even checked for leaks. Not sure why this is anyone can guide me towards what this could be ?

Thanks !

Some pics..

IMG_8619.jpg
IMG_8624.jpg
IMG_8618.jpg

I really like the look of those and have been keeping them in the back of my mind for when its my tire-time.

curious if you notice any better tramlining on these. the stock tires follow the lines in the road (pavement lines). do some lane changes and let us know if it grabs at all and you slowly move over.

there's almost no lines in this tire, its all horiz and angular, so this should be as resistant to that as possible.

also curious about dry weather noise compared to oem.

btw, like your handle. its actually very very close to what I named my car ;)

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Hi Everyone,

So Today I finally got my tires changed at 20700 miles.. On my Model 3 It still had some tread left but I got it changed anyways. I was able to get the Michelin CrossClimate+

First Impression slow speeds do not hear any diffrence (Again I only have this rite now for maybe 20-30 mins max). However today it was raining the very first day though too early maybe to tell other noises. But anyhow so I drove in the rain one thing I noticed Right away (On the Freeway) is the way it cuts the water you definitely can hear that Loud and clear .. It makes a weird noise like more like a jet spray hitting your wheel well.

Specially when you try to floor the vehicle (When the road is wet) Now Again as it was raining Today and I just got the tires have not drove it in dry weather yet.

I was wondering if anyone here has noticed this Noise in wet weather ?

Another thing I am experiencing is Americas tire did set the tire to 45 .. However one of the TPMS Right Rear to be exact is reading 39.. I went again they checked and confirmed it is 45 and even checked for leaks. Not sure why this is anyone can guide me towards what this could be ?

Thanks !

Some pics..

View attachment 521926 View attachment 521927 View attachment 521928
It took a day and 75 miles of driving for one of my tpms readings to fix itself. I will probably try the cross climate next time. They were on sale for $185 a week or so ago.

It took a day and 75 miles of driving for one of my tpms readings to fix itself. I will probably try the cross climate next time. They were on sale for $185 a week or so ago.

Thank you for that information ! I will drive to work on Monday that is about 80 Miles back and fourth.. Hopefully it will start reading the right PSI Thank you !

I think it will be raining here until Tuesday Will let you know how the noise is on freeway on dry weather.. (Noticed a difference in wet weather already.. It could be annoying for some people for me I don't mind plus it does not rain here everyday so good to go if its only wet weather.. noise..

• Helpful
Reactions: sandange
What was the wet weather performance like compared to the horrible OEMs?

It was really good Actually for wet .. It was like glue to the ground, However.. One thing I did noticed right away as I mentioned You cannot miss that loud noise of the tire I think cutting water, But now I think someone said here earlier there is a sound even when it is dry which again I have not tested it personally in a dry weather yet..

Reactions: MacGreiner
its conceivable that they might have tread squirm; lots of tires have horizontal bands to 'tie' blocks of rubber together, like a sub-rib. these don't seem to have that - the treads seem like they could easily move left/right as you make a turn or corner.

I still think they will be best for tramline style road problems. I hate being pulled one side or another as I slowly change lanes across a highway that has deep channels or ruts. some roads even have actual rain channels ground into the pavement (rt 85 or 280 used to have that, I forget which, but on some tires it was such a noticeable left/right shimmy as you tried to keep the car straight).

everything is a compromise. I hate the tramline effect so I'm willing to put up with some squirm, if that's what you are noticing.

It was really good Actually for wet .. It was like glue to the ground, However.. One thing I did noticed right away as I mentioned You cannot miss that loud noise of the tire I think cutting water, But now I think someone said here earlier there is a sound even when it is dry which again I have not tested it personally in a dry weather yet..

Did you reset the TPMS?

Fred

• Helpful
So I drove today on dry patch and it does not sound too bad in fact did not even notice much today to my surprise. I think it is more of wet pavement under hard acceleration when you hear it for sure loud enough. All good from here.. I like the tires so far Will be going in for alignment soon Once this Shelter in place is over in about 3 weeks I guess in bay area CA