Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Crossclimate tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the UK for a couple of weeks from my lair in southern France, where I am mostly v happy with the fitted Hancooks summer tyres. Popped into Costco with my stepson to price up all season alternatives. They could supply Michelin CCs for £230 a corner fitted. But on discovering that my Model Y was still in warranty the guy said that they wouldn’t be able to fit them because they weren’t Tesla specific and were worried that might void the vehicle warranty. Anybody heard of this before?

Sounds like bullsh*t to me as we are in Europe that can never be an issue.

I'm also on 255/40r20 Michelin CrossClimate2 on BBS CI-R wheels for the winter and visited Tesla many times already, even with Brake issue and they never gave me any issue.
I guess when you have a vibration or tire issue they will not warranty it but all other will still be in warranty

btw these tires are more comfortable than the oem 255/40r20 Pilot sport ev's (that I use in the summer)

met chrome.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2023-12-02 om 14.01.59.png

I fitted the CrossClimats tires to my model 3, they are very good and we think quieter than the stock tires even with the foam core. There seems to be no logical reason to believe the warranty issue. The only difference is the foam core and that has nothing to do with anything mechanical. Oddly I bought the tires from Cosco here in California.

I've been using the CC tires on two of my non-Tesla vehicles for almost 1.5 years and really like them. I'm not sold on how they look on the MY, though.

I don't for seeing the tread wrapped around the side of the tire on the MY. I think that type of look is great on my Rav4 but it looks out of place on the MY to me.