Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other all-season tyre options apart from CrossClimate 2...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, apologies, its another tyre thread - but after searching the UK forum, I can't see any posts on either Falken EuroAll Season AS210 or Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 on M3 18" wheels.

I'm thinking about swapping over my PilotSports for the rest of the Winter and whilst I'm aware many owners go straight for the Michelin CrossClimate2, I wonder if anyone has fitted either of the above? They're both somewhat less expensive than the Michelin's and seem to have very similar ratings, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried either and found them to be good or worth avoiding?

Thanks

I’m in a similar boat and literally about to order the Goodyears. I’ll be fitting them in a couple weeks but won’t be using them in anger until my ski trip in March. But if people have feedback on them then I too would be keen to know.

Reactions: Burley
I've been running the Kumho Solus 4S for about 4k miles. Been very happy with them touring Europe in Summer or driving sub zero temperatures in the Scottish Highlands.

Not sure if you've already discounted them but thought I'd suggest as an all season alternative.

I've been running the Kumho Solus 4S for about 4k miles. Been very happy with them touring Europe in Summer or driving sub zero temperatures in the Scottish Highlands.

Not sure if you've already discounted them but thought I'd suggest as an all season alternative.
Thanks, good to have other options in the list. They weren't offered when I tried with a couple of local places, but I'll check them out too...

I've been running the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 all seasons on my M3 for just over a year - great tyres, esp in the wet, although they take a few hundred miles to scrub in (a touch "slippery" until then, so care is needed pulling out of junctions, etc). They placed 2nd behing the CrossClimate 2s in the 2022 all-season tyre test on Tyre Reviews, and were considered better overall in milder, wet conditions (bulk of UK basically!), which is why I chose them over the CC2s.
Only had the recent spell of wintry weather to check the snow/ice performance - no issues with snow, but felt twitchy on ice.

Supply seems limited this year - only place I've seen them listed in M3 18" size is ATS Euromaster, whereas I could have also got them from Halfords & Kwikfit last year.

Reactions: Burley and MrT3
Yes, apologies, its another tyre thread - but after searching the UK forum, I can't see any posts on either Falken EuroAll Season AS210 or Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 on M3 18" wheels.

I'm thinking about swapping over my PilotSports for the rest of the Winter and whilst I'm aware many owners go straight for the Michelin CrossClimate2, I wonder if anyone has fitted either of the above? They're both somewhat less expensive than the Michelin's and seem to have very similar ratings, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried either and found them to be good or worth avoiding?

Thanks
I'm currently running the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons and have done so for 3 winters now (run them on a seperate set of rims in Winter, much as you would expect to use a dedicated Winter).

I can't complain about them at all. Obviously not quite as good as a full Winter when the snow is falling but I've certainly found, during this winter, with some very changeable temps sometimes 10C+ that they just work. I've had the opportunity to give them a good test in some very heavy rain and they give the right level of confidence, that coupled with good braking grip in both cold and warmish temps means I wouldn't have any issue recommending.

Not sure how the Goodyears affect range of the vehicle - I've used them for every winter I've had the car so hard to gauge what is temp related vs. tyre related but I regularly do a 200+ mile round trip for work that nets me c250-270Wh/mile when sat at 70mph.

We run the Crossclimate 2's on my wife's Renault Zoe all year round and these are also excellent tyre's.

• Informative
Reactions: Burley and doats1
FWIW, I saw little to no change in efficiency with the Hankook all-seasons over the last year. Summer handling, braking, etc are also excellent.
On a relaxed, warm & sunny 3.5 hour run into darkest Norfolk in June (majority A roads with 60mph limits, lots of twisty 30 mph B roads, Chill mode) I got 216Wh/mile from the car with the all-seasons.