Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3LR tyre type required.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’ve picked up my used M3LR and it has odd tyres on and wonder what it should have on, size is 235 / 40 / 19.
passenger side has Hancook and drivers side has Budget Tracmax and I’ve been advised by Kiki fit that the Tracmax aren’t Tesla recommended and May void warranty.

Can anybody help Please

235/40R19 is an OEM size so no worries there. But its likely one of the replacements does not carry the XL load rating that you should look for in tires for your car given its gross weight.

If your Long Range is RWD, it doesnt matter as much if the front and rear tires are a perfect match, but if its a Dual Motor LR AWD, then consider replacing all four with the same make/model size/spec set of of 4 tires.

If using OEM wheels and on OEM suspension, consider 245/40R19 all around. XL rating, 97/98 load rating.

@Super Shaun Different tire models between *sides* of the car? That is messed up.

I wouldn't worry about warranty coverage, it's extremely normal to run non-OEM tires, but different tires side-to-side is just bizarre and cannot be good for handling. I would get that sorted ASAP. I never heard of "Budget Tracmax" tires, I'm going to stereotype and guess that they are junk, I would ditch them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 804son and Kimmi
Yeah, I'd never recommend running different tires on different corners. Tires are your only connection to the road. You don't want to be doing an emergency stop in the rain and find out one side has grip and the other side does not have as much. That will want to rotate your car. The load rating mentioned above should also be looked at. If it is not designed for the weight of the car, it should not be not he car. They don't make those numbers up out of nowhere. If it were me, I'd spend them money to get a matching set.

Reactions: tm1v2