Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random possible dumb question, if you purchase a whole separate winter wheel and tire set would you have to order new TPMS sensors or can you use your existing ones?
Tpms is mounted inside the wheel under the valve stem. So if you want to reuse it, you would need to dismount the tire from wheel. So you're better off buying a separate set of sensors.

Reactions: SweetLou126
You could either use your existing ones or get new ones from sales/service. Typically you just get new ones because it's a big pain and more cost to swap sensors.

Tpms is mounted inside the wheel under the valve stem. So if you want to reuse it, you would need to dismount the tire from wheel. So you're better off buying a separate set of sensors.
Makes sense thank you.

For anyone looking for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 All-Season 285/40ZR21/XL 109Y Tire, Everywhere I called, Tire Rack, Discount, 1010... All out of stock.

I found them in stock at Walmart for a great price, ordered them assuming I would get a backorder. $250.92 a tire ($420 a piece from others). As of today, they are on a truck for delivery.

I was shipped R18 Tires although the order explicitly called out R21. I knew something was off as the price was too good to be true. I am going to return these and go another route.

Reactions: Canyonero
I texted Discount Tire back this morning regarding the "special order" listed on their site and according to this rep there is still no ETA in sight... Tire rack had some decent options for winter package. Idk too much about rims so I'll be doing some research on that while I wait how this plays out.

Attachments

• 3E19580A-C837-4516-9796-6C7B4BEFDC64.png
    3E19580A-C837-4516-9796-6C7B4BEFDC64.png
    645.4 KB · Views: 57
I texted Discount Tire back this morning regarding the "special order" listed on their site and according to this rep there is still no ETA in sight... Tire rack had some decent options for winter package. Idk too much about rims so I'll be doing some research on that while I wait how this plays out.
I was looking at Tire Rack but they only had one winter package available for delivery before January. That was way too late for me so I'm hoping these other two tires show up next week.

I was shipped R18 Tires although the order explicitly called out R21. I knew something was off as the price was too good to be true. I am going to return these and go another route.
Same. Dammit. Walmart.com has the size and Michelin model number listed correctly but they shipped me two 265/35ZR18s. Wrong in three ways (265 v 285, 35 v 40, 18 v 21), huge whiff.
DB611389-ED22-4422-9BC9-122C092A9F41.jpeg

Last edited:
Does Discount Tire offer anything for the OEM tires?
Not in the OEM sizes, those are in development per TireRack and they are taking Preorders, but per a TireRack rep earlier this week there was no ETA on when TireRack would receive. "Next Year" was the only time discussed.

When I spoke with DiscountTire earlier this week, There is a Pirelli All Season, the Scorpion Verde in the 265/40/21 & 285/40/21 in-stock.

Just to be on the same page as everyone here, the issue is finding the Pilot Sport All Season 4 - 275 /35 R21 103Y XL tires correct?
Or are the 265/35R21 101Y XLs getting hard to find as well?

Anyone have any other configurations in mind as far as sizes and these all seasons? I've seen some ppl here try different configs out I just cant pick one I'm strongly sure about trying,

I'm trying my best to not purchase a winter tire/wheel package as i strongly believe all seasons should be enough for me also easier on the pockets. Thoughts?