Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@wmgill

You should definitely contact other Michigan users. You started the effort to form a group, so it makes most sense. I know @ seidste1, but I havent spoken with others. It seems TCunning (Tod) already found your facebook page. We should have many more members as production is ramping up.

Hari

Michigan Supercharger Locations

Hi friends, see below for proposed Michigan supercharger locations. I started another post for ease of discussion. Could have started on our group, however I noticed not all of us are there. These are just towns, We can speculate where exactly a supercharger will be placed in that town. Overall, great news for Michigan Tesla Owners.

Michigan Supercharger Locations

image.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla Service Center - Detroit

Dear Michigan Tesla Owners,

Time to rejoice. We will have a service center in Detroit very soon, as shown in the screenshot from the website. We will save on ranger service. Thank you @timf for the tip.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Please see the poster below for an EV show organized by Michigan Electric Auto Association. I will be out of town, however would be wonderful if any of you can attend the event and represent MichiganTMC. Hopefully we can convince few more people to reserve a Tesla.

The Model S and Roadster are scheduled to be on display according to the show's organizers. I haven't attended the show before, but accounts of past shows indicate the exhibitors are a mix of corporate/dealer representatives as well as enthusiasts, so it will be interesting to see what the exact presence is. I'm planning to attend and will report back what I see.

@ timf

Thank you much for attending. I really wanted to go this year, however need to make a trip. I wish we had more information on Tesla at the show. However your insights will be very helpful for next year, this year was tight anyways, as we are just getting organized. Hopefully we can find more people for the group.

I think you were the first one to spot Detroit service center, I realized it around noon, while watching TSLA shareholder conference and then saw your post in other thread. Thank you for the tip. I have updated the post above.

Last edited:
@ stacyh3

Thank you for your reply. Would it be possible for you to get in touch with timf, he also plans to attend the show. You two will represent Michigan TMC at EV show. Wish we had a banner or something for display to attract other attendees. We should have that for our next event in Woodward Dream Cruise.

I'm attending the show more as an observer and to see what other types of electric cars are out there since a Tesla is a bit out of my price range until Gen 3. Not sure exactly when or how long I'll be staying just yet.

@ohaq

It seems 12 noon - 1 pm seems to be the right time, as you can catch most people and attend discussion. However I can not be sure, as this is my first year in Detroit and have never attended the show. Getting event details from the organizers helped a bit.

Last edited:
Who said 1AM look at it again it says 1PM, haha (just fixed it)
@ohaq

1 am??? That will be too late. Just kidding.. probably a typo. It seems 12 noon - 1 pm seems to be the right time, as you can catch most people and attend discussion. However I can not be sure, as this is my first year in Detroit and have never attended the show. Getting event details from the organizers helped a bit.

We should merge this thread with Michigan Tesla Owners thread, so all the discussion is at one place. I don't know how to do it, probably we will need to ask moderator of midwest forum.
Done. I also volunteered to moderate the Midwest forum (it didn't have a specific mod assigned before, and I'm in the Indianapolis area so it seemed appropriate).

Just got home from the show. Attendance was pretty light, but there was a nice showing from the Tesla owners. There were at least 3 black Model S there including ohaq who was giving people rides. I also saw michiganmodels's Signature Red car. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to any of you who were participating, but you seemed to be doing a good job selling others on the car.

Thanks. Yeah I met one owner, who also got his car recently. I forgot his name, bad memory but tol him about the teslamotors club and the wheel stickers that bought from one of the members here.

I also got a warning from the security officer, he said "Drive slow or leave my parking lot.". I said sorry and then did the accelerations on the road instead of the parking lot.

During the test drive one person asked if i was a tesla salesman. I said no, he said i guessed but had to ask.

A lot of friends came with me they got bored sitting out side so had to keep them happy and we left. I was enjoying my time there.

@ timf and @ ohaq

Thank you for representing MichiganTMC, telling people about it and sharing your experrience with other members. We can put this down as our first event, not well planned but atleast few members met each other. I will combine your experiences and make an event summary. I will send you my email in a personal message. It would be amazing if you have some pictures. I will contact michiganmodels as well for his experience. Thanks again.

Last edited: