Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milan - hotels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
I'm thinking of doing a trip through the Alps in a couple of weeks. I need to get from Paris on the Saturday to Rome on the Monday and thought it might be an opportunity to take a ride through the Gotthard Pass in the Alps.

To make it work I'd probably stay over in Milan and catch a train to Rome in the morning (it is possible to do in one day but that is extreme dedication).

I know we have a few locals here, so can anyone recommend a good but not too extravagant hotel near Milano Centrale station?

do you like to stay close to the Tesla Store? Its the hotel i have been for the opening.

Good evening Mr. Eberhard

I just wanted to update you on the Hotel.
We can provide a special fee for our guests at the Galileo Hotel in Milan (Hotel Galileo camere tipologie prezzi congressi meeting banchetti
ristorante bar servizi prenotazioni on line
) which is a four star hotel 350m from the store. When booking you only have to specify that you are a Tesla Motors guest for the opening.

I'm thinking of doing a trip through the Alps in a couple of weeks. I need to get from Paris on the Saturday to Rome on the Monday and thought it might be an opportunity to take a ride through the Gotthard Pass in the Alps.

To make it work I'd probably stay over in Milan and catch a train to Rome in the morning (it is possible to do in one day but that is extreme dedication).

I know we have a few locals here, so can anyone recommend a good but not too extravagant hotel near Milano Centrale station?

I can't help with Milano, but if you need any advice for Switzerland, I could help.
Consider that many alp crossings could be closed in february.

Well I ended up staying in the Idea hotel which is about 200m from the station. It met the criteria of a nice bed in smart surroundings without breaking the bank (I was there less than 12 hours).

The Gotthard Pass route was spectacular. Amazing snow-covered scenery and some audacious civil engineering. If anyone else wants to see it, make sure you do before they open the 57km Gotthard Base Tunnel as it won't offer quite the same views...

The Gotthard Pass route was spectacular. Amazing snow-covered scenery and some audacious civil engineering. If anyone else wants to see it, make sure you do before they open the 57km Gotthard Base Tunnel as it won't offer quite the same views...

Suisse fellows, can you push for a referendum to ban ICE vehicles from driving Gotthard Pass and the other breathtaking mountain streets? Should be allowed for "pure EV" only, and rail transport made mandatory for all vehicles featuring an ICE. That would bump EV sales!