Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Military Veteran Discount?Veteran

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the mines in Afghanistan that getting plundered because of the high demand of these cars. Salute Elon Musk for putting troops at risk for your electric cars.

Why not give a discount to the troops we guard the pits and roadways for the resources to make your batteries.

Not a single ounce of material in any of Tesla's batteries comes from Afghanistan. The primary materials of concern are Lithium (around 22 pounds, from Argentina/Chile/Bolivia), Cobalt (Democratic Republic of Congo), Graphite (China), and Aluminum (many producers, some US).

You've been reading too many random Facebook posts and "alt" web sites. Plus, the vast majority of Li-Ion batteries are used worldwide in cell phones, laptops, and tablets, not cars (at least right now). You've singled out Elon as the target "bad guy" of your false narrative while ignoring everything else, which shows just how biased you are.

Check here for some actual facts: Breakdown of raw materials in Tesla’s batteries and possible bottlenecks

What about the mines in Afghanistan that getting plundered because of the high demand of these cars. Salute Elon Musk for putting troops at risk for your electric cars.

Why not give a discount to the troops we guard the pits and roadways for the resources to make your batteries.
Not a single ounce of material in any of Tesla's batteries comes from Afghanistan. The primary materials of concern are Lithium (around 22 pounds, from Argentina/Chile/Bolivia), Cobalt (Democratic Republic of Congo), Graphite (China), and Aluminum (many producers, some US).

You've been reading too many random Facebook posts and "alt" web sites. Plus, the vast majority of Li-Ion batteries are used worldwide in cell phones, laptops, and tablets, not cars (at least right now). You've singled out Elon as the target "bad guy" of your false narrative while ignoring everything else, which shows just how biased you are.

Check here for some actual facts: Breakdown of raw materials in Tesla’s batteries and possible bottlenecks

Can you reference a current report that isn't 2 years old and done prior to all the demand issues?

I'm not biased I'm not a Facebook warrior because you have to have Facebook in order to read Facebook.

US service members and veterans should get a discount.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte and MP3Mike
Came here to troll? Sure seems like it. I don't think you even believe the drivel

How am I trolling when I am in the market for the Tesla and on a forum about a military discount yet I see all the biased posts towards this and that. Yet I state the truth and you all are up in arms because of what I'm not doing anything except stating what is happening a poster talks about US oil from Australia and he just gets to say what he wants.

I have shed blood in Afghanistan awarded a purple heart.

I have shed tears and sweat. Yet still everyday US troops protect all the shipping and trade routes for all the resources for this automaker and they have yet to offer a Veteran or Military Discount.

The overseas pricing would also help out with service members currently in the fight. Yet you troll me in opposition because I stated something about your false idol Musk come on people.

Yet still everyday US troops protect all the shipping and trade routes for all the resources for this automaker and they have yet to offer a Veteran or Military Discount.

You lose me here. With statements like this i'm sorry but you will need to back it up. I consider myself pretty informed on EV's and never heard anything like this. You want to claim we are there for the oil, you may have an argument.

your false idol Musk

Just couldn't help yourself? :)

Not a single ounce of material in any of Tesla's batteries comes from Afghanistan.

Can you reference a current report that isn't 2 years old and done prior to all the demand issues?
Can you reference ANY credible report that says otherwise?

Yet still everyday US troops protect all the shipping and trade routes for all the resources for this automaker and they have yet to offer a Veteran or Military Discount.
The US military protects the interests, trade routes, and shipping for many more companies than just Tesla, not all of them offer a discount either. If you do not like the fact that Tesla does not offer one then you are free to take your business elsewhere - the military (and the constitution) protect that right as well.

Reactions: Pkmmte and Chopr147
Can you reference ANY credible report that says otherwise?

The US military protects the interests, trade routes, and shipping for many more companies than just Tesla, not all of them offer a discount either. If you do not like the fact that Tesla does not offer one then you are free to take your business elsewhere - the military (and the constitution) protect that right as well.

I never claimed we are anywhere fighting for oil. The post I replied to did.

Sorry your so confused and the only way you see current events is through your screen .

You guys are the trolls. Have a good day.

I was just going to post this :).

Tesla has a program for hiring vets - giving jobs/career is better than giving a few a discount on a car. They've been very supportive of veterans over the years. More on Tesla's current program here: Veterans at Tesla

Update: They've also worked with a number of bases to put in both HPWCs and J1772s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike1080i