Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shout out for Discount Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a couple pieces of hardware in one tire in the last couple days. Dear daughter had a theater class near a construction site.

Tesla Tire service would only REPLACE the tire at a markup, as it had two punctures - “liability reasons” he stated. As the tech was loading the tire in his van he suggested I think about using Discount Tire. He thought they might fix them.

Not only did they fix them for free since I was a prior customer with a different car, they offered me an OEM warranty - including mileage for 10% of the replacement cost. I’m in a performance model and I’m not a hooligan, but I enjoy the car. I’m pretty sure I’m going to wear these tires out before their factory treadlife is met.

I don’t own Discount Tire stock or even know if they are publicly traded. I have nothing to gain with this post.

discount tire has always been awesome. they fix normal punchtures for free and they will rotate your tire for free also. they have rotated both my model 3 and model y tires for free even though i didn't buy tires for the model 3 through them. i got the model y tires at tire rack and had them install it.

Reactions: rpiotro
Discount Tire [...] Not only did they fix them for free since I was a prior customer with a different car, they offered me an OEM warranty - including mileage for 10% of the replacement cost. I’m in a performance model and I’m not a hooligan, but I enjoy the car. I’m pretty sure I’m going to wear these tires out before their factory treadlife is met.
Yep, DT can be good.
Please tell me you tipped the techs who helped you out!!!???

Discount Tire is great. Especially their road hazard warranty you can buy for a reasonable price. Picked up a roofing nail in my sidewall of the 1yr old P Zero AS Elects and for $50 (taxes/fees) I got a brand new tire. Otherwise that would have cost me ~$240.

not sure what OEM warranty the OP is referring to. Either there is an OEM wear warranty (doesnt matter where you bought it...) or there isn't. They also don't charge $ for an OEM wear warranty and their roadside hazard warranty does *not* cover premature wear. In fact it actually excludes it and is only valid until a certain wear mark.

regarding lifting at Discount Tire - it depends .... first time they knew only floor jacks and lift puck...second time they wanted to use the scissor lift and said "it's just fine... we do it with Teslas all the time". same location. I insisted on floor jacks / brought my own pucks and it wasn't a big deal. also: always tip the guys ... wheels are always properly torqued, balanced and inflated... very happy customer.

not sure what OEM warranty the OP is referring to. Either there is an OEM wear warranty (doesnt matter where you bought it...) or there isn't. They also don't charge $ for an OEM wear warranty and their roadside hazard warranty does *not* cover premature wear. In fact it actually excludes it and is only valid until a certain wear mark.
I’m not sure if there’s been a change at some point from the past, but my 2023 M3P does not have any warranty that extends to the tires. For 10% of the replacement cost I purchased Discount Tire’s warranty on my OEM tires. This includes damage and premature wear accord to the gentleman who sold it to me. My apologies if I was unclear.

Another thumb up vote for Discount Tire (@ Knoxville, TN). While driving @ 75 mph on interstate this morning, I heard a pop noise around the passage rear tire area. I thought the tire picked & ejected a rock on the road. But the car warned me very low tire pressure so to pull over as safe as can. After drove & crossed 5 lanes and stopped on the wide shoulder of the interstate (about 1/2 mile later), I saw a complete flat tire with a big hole right in the middle of the tire (the metal intruder must be ejected to make the pop noise). I was amazed that the car drove that well with a fully flat rare tire during warning (make me feel safe for family travel). Since I could see the hole, I just quickly plugged the hole & pumped to 25 psi and drove to the Tesla service center which is just the next exit (highly recommended to carry a road tire repair kit & roadside pump in the car). A Tesla staff said they only replace the tire and recommended a nearby Discount Tire for repair if possible. After dismounted the tire, Discount Tire showed me the wall weakening due to complete flat driving damage caused. So a new tire (exactly the 19” factory tire) was installed right away. The store is well stocked with Tesla tires, with key Tesla tools (jack pod). They provided additional tire service options but do not oversell to you. Filled up all my tires to recommended PSI & beautified them (shine spray). Very happy with them. It is a new & large facility with nice customer service area (free water & wifi). The manager told me they train their staff for Tesla cars. It is faster & cheaper than the Tesla service center and definitely will be my next tire service place.

I always use DT here in San Diego, very reliable and repair slow leaks or flats for free, I get there when they open at 8am and bring a box of donuts. I also tip.

They also install tires I purchase online.

This tipping culture is way out of control...

I do agree that discount tire or America's tire as they're known in some parts of the country are great.
they are great but just to be safe... ensure they aren't using floor lifts and use floor jacks instead... once in a while you still get the employee who tells you "oh we lift Tesla's all the time with the floor lift... no issues.... of course if you want a floor jack we can do that but you might have to wait a bit longer..."