Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milky look under 3M clear film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied the Tesla 3M clear film All Weather Protection kit today. I used the water/baby shampoo mix they recommended. However I notice it looks like there is a milky residue under some of the 3M pieces. This is my first time applying the 3M film so I'm guessing that it is dried shampoo?? Perhaps I had too much shampoo in the water mix? The car was clean and wiped with a microfiber towel before I started so there wasn't anything on the car.

I assume at this point I need to order another kit and try again. Should I use a water/alcohol mix instead of baby shampoo?

Thanks for any tips from the experienced installers. :)

-Larry

You have any pics? Thought about buying this the other day. Got a rock chip on Monday on the hood. Sad day. Maybe I shoulda got the ppf

I tried to get a picture under a couple of different lighting conditions but I couldn't get a good picture. Unless I lean down and look closely at the area (low down right in front of the rear tires) it's not as noticeable so I guess I will live with it for now. It should prevent any more tiny chips being created.

I applied the Tesla 3M clear film All Weather Protection kit today. I used the water/baby shampoo mix they recommended. However I notice it looks like there is a milky residue under some of the 3M pieces. This is my first time applying the 3M film so I'm guessing that it is dried shampoo?? Perhaps I had too much shampoo in the water mix? The car was clean and wiped with a microfiber towel before I started so there wasn't anything on the car.

I assume at this point I need to order another kit and try again. Should I use a water/alcohol mix instead of baby shampoo?

Thanks for any tips from the experienced installers. :)

-Larry
If it's still wet, I'd remove, carefully, and reapply. Use less soap. Given that it's a smallish/flattish piece, there's almost no need for soap, just water.

• Informative
Reactions: LRCasey