Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor accident causing dent and panel gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got in a minor parking lot collision which caused this dent and gap between panels on my rear passenger side. Do I need to worry about water getting into the gap and causing rust or damage or is it harmless?

Attachments

• 20230824_184458.jpg
    20230824_184458.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 135
Can only tell if there’s further damage once a body shop takes off that bumper cover/fascia and does an inspection. If it’s only the bumper cover/fascia needing replacement, I had it done for about $1k last year (painted part and labor). Took Tesla only 2 hrs to get it installed. Getting the part though took 4 weeks 😂 The challenge will be getting the white paint to match.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t worry too much about water/weather damage for now.

Edit: looks like you’ve got some quarter panel damage too? Can’t really tell from the pic. Do you have more pics?

Upvote 0
It looks fairly minor, if there is no cracked paint or hard creases it should be fine. Imo it may be pretty simple to press it back out from the inside. Either from the trunk or inside the wheel area, it’s difficult to see the location well. Once the dent is better the bumper may clip back in place. Another option maybe a paint less dent repair place.

Upvote 0