Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• A4CB11AB-A0EB-46EE-BA38-CCD3C020E865.jpeg
    A4CB11AB-A0EB-46EE-BA38-CCD3C020E865.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 9E363D3F-A02C-4143-BF84-FACDEDB87DB1.jpeg
    9E363D3F-A02C-4143-BF84-FACDEDB87DB1.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 55
No, it would not. I don't recognize where those pictures are from. You should pull the door panel and see if there's loose connections of a harness there.

Mine was a Aug '13 build the folding mirrors came out in Oct '13. I was lucky. Simply added folding mirrors and the door switch and they worked. Cost in '13 was about $14.00.

Highly unlikely that they had the harness in your 3/13 build and waited another 6 months to mount the mirrors.

And sorry.

No, it would not. I don't recognize where those pictures are from. You should pull the door panel and see if there's loose connections of a harness there.

Mine was a Aug '13 build the folding mirrors came out in Oct '13. I was lucky. Simply added folding mirrors and the door switch and they worked. Cost in '13 was about $14.00.

Highly unlikely that they had the harness in your 3/13 build and waited another 6 months to mount the mirrors.

And sorry.
Ok. Thanks for your help

And sorry.
$14.00 for 2 mirrors, or was that just for the switch, or $1,400.00 for everything? I pad $600 to Tesla to replace the one that broke off after one of their updates changed the behavior of the car to start unfolding the manually folded mirrors as soon as the car started moving (they changed that the very next release btw, now they unfold above some speed threshold, so they don't auto-unfold on you when backing out of tight parking spots).

>>now they unfold above some speed threshold, so they don't auto-unfold on you when backing out of tight parking spots).<<

One of the irritations on my S is that the mirrors *randomly* unfold as I reverse out of the garage. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Quite a few things seem random - all small things but irritating!

It's not just that: another example is when I drive without the seatbelt on (I live in a community with a 10Km/Hr limit - 6mph) to get the mail. Sometimes the bong bong sounds continuously, sometimes just for the first 20 seconds. Again, not major, but why should a computer do different things at a whim?