Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding Mirrors will not stop folding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this. (It's the view on my 2020 MSLR.) Park in your mirror-folding location. On the Controls page, tap the X button next to Auto-Fold Set at This Location.
folding-mirrors-will-not-stop-folding.315986:#post-7919151.png

Reactions: Thp3 and Big Earl
I just kept putting them back out when I was in the garage. When they folded I put them back out. If they were folded in the garage when I got in I put them out. I never saw the option under the fold/unfold button to select location. I did not do anything special.

I may have figured it out, will know tomorrow when I get to work. My menu doesn’t look like the one posted above and has no check box for location. While fiddling around I discovered pressing the Fold Mirror button causes a brief bar the width of the button (button is smaller in my menu) to appear attached to the bottom of the button, says Location on it. It is ephemeral, only exists during the brief moment the button is lit after touching. I touched the bar and it changed color, so fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Radio Kid
I may have figured it out, will know tomorrow when I get to work. My menu doesn’t look like the one posted above and has no check box for location. While fiddling around I discovered pressing the Fold Mirror button causes a brief bar the width of the button (button is smaller in my menu) to appear attached to the bottom of the button, says Location on it. It is ephemeral, only exists during the brief moment the button is lit after touching. I touched the bar and it changed color, so fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.
I hope this works for you. The user interfaces vary greatly across the models. (That's why I specified mine when posting the images.)

(The Location button you mention is not the only ephemeral message. I'm often frustrated by messages that disappear before I can read them. It would be nice to have a log window where one could review all those fleeting messages with timestamps.)

Reactions: laservet
Here's something that just appeared on a new thread. It looks like you're on the right track:

Reactions: laservet
Here's something that just appeared on a new thread. It looks like you're on the right track:

It appears to have worked, mirrors didn't fold today!

Edit: The photo in the thread you linked looks exactly like the menu in my Model Y.

Reactions: Radio Kid