Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing fasteners for Left Front Inner Fender on Plaid and LR Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
The leading edge of my left front fender liner kept pushing back with wind speeds over 100 mph (here in S. FL we have hurricanes). There are vents on either side of the front bumper that channel air to the front tires. It is this source of air that was pushing the fender liner back on only one side.

I had the wheels off the car and noticed the fasteners securing the liner to the chassis were missing but only on the left front.

I stopped by the service center to get some and, when the service advisor asked which fasteners I needed, we both walked the twenty feet to a LR Refresh that was going through PDI. I put my hand on the left front fender liner and there were no fasteners to be found. Just like my car there were fasteners on the right side.

My question to all is "does your car have fasteners on the left front fender liner leading edge?"
Missing.JPG
fasteners.JPG

This won’t help: when I picked up my p85 a million years ago, similar situation. My front bumper wasn’t connected to the fender liners. Most of the plastic fasteners were there but the two most prominent ones on each side were just holes.
Wonder what the worlds greatest car company (hehe) finds more important than quality control? I doubt I’ll buy another Tesla anytime soon. I’ve done so much of my own spare time fixes from day one. I prefer to work on it myself just to ensure a quality outcome.

same with my plaid. I just went and bought a kit off amazon and fixed them myself. Not taking the car back for 2 days for a 5 min job..... That and a flap on the bottom of the car under driver need a clip. However I think you will notice on the passenger side there will be flap that falls down, and there is no way to fasten it... It has these two unreplaceable clips so the flap tucks in. The problem is they are weak and keep falling down. Sad but tape fixed this one.