Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing frunk mats on LR/Perf models during Sept rush

Were you missing a frunk matt? (SR+ doesn't get them - sorry)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up knowing it would likely be missing a mat after others had tipped me off in this forum. I raised it during the delivery and it was noted along with a couple of minor queries. I'm due into Bristol SC soon, are people getting replacements? What's the experience like?

I had a feeling mine would be missing one as on the two occasions I visited Stockport SC to check out the showroom car, the mat was there first time, and removed the second time.
Then having read the tip-offs people on here I had a feeling mine would come without so during my phone calls for updates (initiated by me) I asked customer services and they said they’d look into it. Lo and behold, I pick the car up last Friday and no mat o_O
Mentioned it to the guy doing my handover and he took one out of one of their demo cars :) if it’s a demo then it won’t need it anyway - especially if they’re no longer including it!

I do find it ridiculous that you pay over £50k (even £40k) for a car and it isn’t equipped with something as basic as a mat in a storage compartment.

But when have Tesla ever done anything normal?! :confused: Lol.

Picked my M3 up in Birmingham Sept 29.

Was told no type 2 cable as they were out of stock and no frunk mat as they were no longer provided.

I mailed deliveryGB last week as I’d heard nothing since and they mailed back to confirm the above. Expressed my disappointment as I thought frunk mats were included in the “premium interior” to be told again that they no longer provided them but I could order one from Tesla parts for £32 ish. Not bothering as I’ve ordered all-weather mats from Weathertech.

Type 2 cable arrived Friday.

When I picked mine up, was told there was a cutoff when the spec changed. Order before then (~mid-August 2019) and you were eligible.

My car didn't have one, but was confirmed eligible by the handover chap. I was asked to raise it as a service issue. I entirely expect I was/will-be fobbed off.

When I picked mine up, was told there was a cutoff when the spec changed. Order before then (~mid-August 2019) and you were eligible.

My car didn't have one, but was confirmed eligible by the handover chap. I was asked to raise it as a service issue. I entirely expect I was/will-be fobbed off.

I ordered mid June and was fobbed off. When I mailed to query this post delivery (Sept 29) they responded with “We will not be able to provide the Frunk Mat free-of-charge. If you are keen to have one this can be ordered by emailing [email protected] the mat is a £32.00 option.”

I mentioned it somewhere else on a thread in here - the first aid kit (currently supplies) that resides in the funk has a Velcro bottom to it. This would only be effective to stop it banging around in the frunk if the carpet mat is installed - seems as though somebody gave it some thought at some stage.

I take your point but I have nothing to evidence that the mats were included as standard in the LR AWD model at time of ordering. I don't recall them being mentioned as part of the premium package. I note today the website states interior mats.

I have no evidence that mine was spec'd with a steering wheel either, but one was there on the showroom car 4 days after I ordered so I expected there to be one when I collected. Same with front mat. Tesla themselves have apparently said that mat was not included from late September plus all deliveries prior to late September rush had them, so I think there is enough circumstantial evidence to say that the car should have a front mat, or at least those ordered prior to September.

Reactions: drewpost
On the topic of missing frunk mats, can I check we're all talking about the same thing? I have a rubber mat with side walls that says model 3 on it. I did notice the first aid kit wouldn't stick to it. Is there also an OEM carpet version?
I thought I had one up on on the SC when I helped myself to one from a box on the side at collection after they told me I didn't get one as they'd run out, however I'm now wondering if I could have done better...?

On the topic of missing frunk mats, can I check we're all talking about the same thing? I have a rubber mat with side walls that says model 3 on it. I did notice the first aid kit wouldn't stick to it. Is there also an OEM carpet version?
I thought I had one up on on the SC when I helped myself to one from a box on the side at collection after they told me I didn't get one as they'd run out, however I'm now wondering if I could have done better...?
It is a basic carpet mat that they decided not to include anymore, but instead charge you £30+ for the privilege, should you want it.

You seem to have got a mat (sounds like an all weather one) so you haven't lost out on anything :) Fair play for helping yourself to one ha ha!

I did not check my car but noticed a few days later, I raised it via app, and I dropped into SC where I got car, as I was passing to ask about some other things I did not understand, they were very helpful, I received it a week later sent by courier, also had a text saying they have come in and would be couriered to my address, tbh pretty efficient.

They did post it yes. When i noticed it was missing i emailed the GBDelivery address and they replied saying they were out of stock and therefore not being supplied with new cars, but that they would send one to me once they were back in stock.

Actually .. thats not exactly what happened .. they told me to log as a service item in the app.. which i did and they arranged for it to be sent out.