Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, all. I purchased a gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter from the Tesla website on February 23rd, 2022. I then purchased the wall charger about an hour later. The wall charger delivered to my house via FedEx on March 1st. The NEMA adapter "delivered" on March 2nd.

Now, I work from home. As soon as I got the notification the NEMA adapter had delivered, I went outside looking it. It was not on my front porch where everything is usually placed. I did not have time to walk around looking for it, so I decided to do it after work. After work, I did not find it in my mailbox, nor sitting on any neighbor's porch directly around me. I opened a missing package dispute with FedEx.

FedEx took three days to "investigate" before closing the investigation and telling me to contact the shipper. I called FedEx today and explained it was not Tesla's nor my own fault that I do not have this package. It was the driver's fault. The customer service rep was patient and polite and explained due to the circumstances, the shipper has to open a dispute since they are the one's with the account with FedEx.

Here is where I'm running into an issue. I don't see an option anywhere on the products purchased page to open a missing package dispute, nor is there a number where I can talk to anyone at Tesla headquarters to initiate this for me. I did submit something through the support page, but I'm not sure what to expect from that. Does anyone know if I have any other options?

Just to ward off any trolls since this is the internet, I have no need to "steal" a $50 adapter purchase from Tesla. If I wanted to be dishonest about something, I could have easily done it with the $500+ wall charger. Everyone is just going to have to take my word that this package was never delivered to me and let me know how to resolve this mess.

You have the answer.

FedEx lost the package but Tesla must be the one to open the dispute. Which they likely will not do. In which case, you need to file a chargeback with your CC company.

It is Tesla’s job to make sure the package gets to you. If they falter on that responsibility anywhere along the way (including being too lazy to initiate a dispute on their end), a chargeback is your only recourse.

Reactions: jessepotter
I had the same thing happen with a $500 HPWC several years ago. The package was just lost within the FedEx system and never found. FedEx was being a real ***** about it and wouldn't give me any information about it at all -- ALL disputes and communications had to originate with Tesla. FedEx wouldn't even give me the internal tracking history showing it was lost. Luckily I was able to send an email to Tesla (back when they had a 'Executive Escalation' portal for significant problems, and it did take a month or two, but Tesla eventually credited the $500 plus shipping back to my credit card. No chargeback necessary.

To the OP, I would just re-order the adapter and submit a claim to Tesla like you've done for a refund, but just keep at it every week until someone responds. I would only do a CC chargeback as a last resort.

Reactions: jessepotter