Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing plastic cover on windshield wiper nut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 3 weeks and 1700 miles into my MY. I just now noticed that one of the plastic pieces covering the nut and bolt on the windshield wiper is missing. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this? I tried going thru the Tesla app but it wants to send me mobile service. I feel silly having some come over just for a small plastic piece, and I don't even know if I'll have to pay for the mobile service.

20201014_235312.jpg

Mine was missing too and I have seen many others. I identified at delivery and they replaced it during my first service visit:

FROM MY RECEIPT:

Concern: Windshield wipers - customer states: Cap missing
Confirmed customer concern. Installed windshield wiper nut cap. Verified wiper operation - vehicle operating as described

Correction: Wiper Arm - RH (Remove & Replace)

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity COVER, WIPER ARM NUT(1106610-00-A) 1.0

Stopped by my SC yesterday without an appointment. Told the advisor I was missing the nut cover and he scheduled / completed a service appointment right there and gave me the nut cover. I popped it on in the parking lot before leaving.

He told me he recorded the service appointment so Tesla knows my vehicle didn’t come with one. Also told me recently HQ had a meeting with all service centers telling them they need to log appointments so they know what was wrong or missing with new vehicle deliveries.

Just found out mine didnt have this either (4/15/2021 birthday). Noticed it when the tech was out putting homelink in my car. Sounds like its very common. Maybe unnoticed because its hard to see with the hood closed, unlike the one on the other arm which is clearly visible