Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Sentry Clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla people,

I recently found damage to my Model Y below the charge port and have narrowed it down to have occurred on June 3, 4, or 5th, 2024. I have many Sentry clips from 6/3 and 6/5 but none from 6/4, weirdly. Is there a way to locate missing footage? It's almost like someone deleted that day's footage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Unless triggered by a sentry/security event or driver action (horn honk, tapping dashcam button, etc..) all footage recorded by the cameras is overwritten on a 24 hour loop regardless of the size of your USB drive.

I had a similar event in a hotel parking lot. Lots of retained sentry clips of people walking in the parking lot, but none of a vehicle that parked next to me that dinged one of my doors.

Tesla sentry mode, while a neat feature, isn't always the most reliable.

Upvote 0
Hi Tesla people,

I recently found damage to my Model Y below the charge port and have narrowed it down to have occurred on June 3, 4, or 5th, 2024. I have many Sentry clips from 6/3 and 6/5 but none from 6/4, weirdly. Is there a way to locate missing footage? It's almost like someone deleted that day's footage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Since you have footage from June 3 and June 5, maybe Sentry was disabled on June 4, either because the car was at an excluded location or because your battery was below 20%. Or maybe the damage occurred earlier and you didn’t notice it.

Upvote 0