Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

I'll keep this brief. Car has been swiped at some point on the front left side of the bumper. No idea when it has happened or if sentry mode caught it. I have hundreds of individual sentry mode folders when I download the data off the USB and I need to try and filter it somehow.

Three questions:

1. Each sentry mode recording has a "reason" in the metadata saved in the respective folder. Most repeated is "sentry_aware_object_detection". What are the other "sentry_aware*" categories? Eg. one for sentry mode events where the car has been nudged or hit whilst parked?

2. The metadata files are .json. If I've got hundreds, even if I get an answer to #1 above, is there a way to search within the files to only pull events which are, say, "sentry_aware_collision" (if that is even a thing).

3. Are there other filters that people have tried successfully when trawling back through their sentry data that might be useful in narrowing down the clips to focus on? I really don't want to trawl through hours of footage.

Thanks

Matt

Reactions: Tinkerin
I have tried reviewing video on a computer once. If I recall each camera is a separate file? I found it faster to review video in the car. This allows you to view 4 files at the same time and delete them all at the same time if you want. I'm a noob at this so I'm sure there are more efficient ways to review videos.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone

I'll keep this brief. Car has been swiped at some point on the front left side of the bumper. No idea when it has happened or if sentry mode caught it. I have hundreds of individual sentry mode folders when I download the data off the USB and I need to try and filter it somehow.

Three questions:

1. Each sentry mode recording has a "reason" in the metadata saved in the respective folder. Most repeated is "sentry_aware_object_detection". What are the other "sentry_aware*" categories? Eg. one for sentry mode events where the car has been nudged or hit whilst parked?

2. The metadata files are .json. If I've got hundreds, even if I get an answer to #1 above, is there a way to search within the files to only pull events which are, say, "sentry_aware_collision" (if that is even a thing).

3. Are there other filters that people have tried successfully when trawling back through their sentry data that might be useful in narrowing down the clips to focus on? I really don't want to trawl through hours of footage.

Thanks

Matt
I found this app for a Mac that makes it easier to look through files - metadata included. Works for me.

Upvote 0