Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mitin suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is pretty much spot on, try something new, do something other people won't. Let us know how it works out.

There's no reason for people to instantly berate every single thing that people ask about that doesn't fall in order with the party line.

The thing is Sam, we are offering advise from our own experience. I’ve been fitting and setting up different suspensions on road/track/race cars (and motorbikes) for 30 years. I have experience of many manufacturers, low and high end, Tein, HKS, Japanese Ohlins, D2, BC, JRZ, KW V3, KW Competition, Ohlins DFV, Leda, Bilstein, Koni, Exe-Tc, Intrax, Nitron.

Suspension is not an area to save money on. It’s not the same as buying wheels. All cheap ‘generic’ suspensions I have fitted and tried to set-up on cars that have had a decent chassis design, have basically ruined the car. The cars could not be driven fast on bumpy roads because the damping control was so poor. Other cheap units had awful ride quality. One Pro-class Time Attack team I supported for a season initially ran BC ‘race’ units. They were terrible, and the damping had to be adjusted so hard to control the chassis, that even on tracks with any bumpy/ripply tarmac, grip was severely reduced.

Decent suspension doesn’t have to be super expensive, but the advantages are huge. Improved chassis control/handling/grip and improved ride comfort.

These cheap units may be ‘something new’ to you, or the OP, but they have been around in different forms for years. We’re trying to help, please don’t lump us in with others that have ‘form’ of criticising from ignorance/insecurity.