Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a stupid question but I wanted to confirm. For me to use the mobile connector on a 30A or 50A 240V outlet, I will have to buy an adapter correct? It looks like the adapter included goes from a standard 110V outlet to a unique connector on the mobile charger? There is nothing included that would immediately allow me to use it with either one of these outlets?

Tesla make a few of the more common options. They used to include the NEMA 14-50 adapter with the car as well, but now it has to be purchased separately.

If you have somewhat more peculiar needs these lovely people make basically everything else and even offer a cord that you can attach your own bizarre plug onto.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Thank you! I figured but wanted to make sure I didn't end up with duplicates/wasting money. I am taking delivery next Saturday so hoping to be prepared. I have an existing 240V outlet I can run an extension cord from for the time being until I get a home charger installed.