Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile charger question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a second mobile charger from a buddy who had been using it only with the regular home outlet adapter. Not the faster 32amp NEMA (the one you stick in a dryer outlet )
Anyway….i took that newly acquired charger and put in the nema adapter and it still shows charging at a slower speed. 16a vs 32a.
This is weird because that outlet handles my original
Mobile charger without issue at 32amp with the nema adapter.
Why didn’t the second hand charger get recognized to charge with 32amp when I use the dryer outlet connector?

They look identical. Does it take time to register since it was used as a home outlet adapter for so long?

Last edited:
So the bottom connector is great. The top one works slower but also gives me a message that it’s not fully in. Which is weird cuz it’s inn

Attachments

• IMG_3971.jpeg
    IMG_3971.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 52
Clearly I’m new at this.
But here’s a better picture.
Would you mind recirckjng what exactly I’m supposed to be pulling out ?
I appreciate your patience with this old noobie

Attachments

• IMG_3975.jpeg
    IMG_3975.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 23
Clearly I’m new at this.
But here’s a better picture.
Would you mind recirckjng what exactly I’m supposed to be pulling out ?
I appreciate your patience with this old noobie
Look at the picture(s) you posted. See how on the left side its a metal pin looking thing in the charging port, but on the right side it is a metal pin with a broken plastic sleeve around it? That thing.

Maybe this thread will give you some pointers?

Tweezers, needle nose pliers, or a
Sewing needle

Hold the two connectors next to each other and you will see the “extra “ material

The “extra “ material needs to be removed…

It is interfering with the full engagement of the pins.