Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service Appointment coming up.. repair estimate shows 84 dollars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically I just took delivery of a used 2019 model 3 and it has condensation in the rear taillight, and the fake light panel on the side opposite to the charge port inst properly secured. I added this in because I figured they'd both be under warranty. However in my repair estimate the taillight replacement shows free under warranty, but the other repair says its "customer pay"? Who do I contact to get this under the warranty? This shouldn't be acceptable for a just delivered model 3, especially since it'll probably take them 5 minutes to fix.

I believe they generally set estimates up as "customer pay" in case it turns out not to be a warranty issue. For example, if they find the issue was due to physical damage by the owner or even if they believe the issue to be within spec. Chances are from the issues identified, there will be no payment required.
I recall when I brought my car in before 1 year mark for a significant suspension creak, they told me it was within spec and normal. I had questioned them about per-authorizing a payment amount and they said it was simply standard procedure so I thought nothing of it. When they presented me with a bill for the work, I was shocked.