TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

mobile service, homelink, heat pump cover, B pillar

Discussion in 'Model Y: Interior & Exterior' started by floydturbo, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:10 AM.

1. floydturbo

floydturbo Member

I had a mobile service to install the homelink. After I made the appointment, I edited the service to install part number #1502213-00-A ac compressor acoustic cover and that the B pillars had a gap. They actually ordered the heat pump cover and installed it at the mobile service. The technician who had been with Tesla since 2012 had never installed one. The instructions he said were to remove the refrigerant and remove the in and out lines to install the cover. We both said NO. He cut a couple of slits in the cover and was able to install it around the ac compressor. Also, the B pillar clips were not holding. He had some different ones in his service car and replaced 3 clips on the drivers and passengers side and that seemed to work as the clips stayed locked in place.

My heat pump was not really that noisy, but you could hear it. Most of the noise was coming from the fan. After the acoustic blanket, the compressor is nearly silent. You can still hear the fans for sure, as before.

2. jeffbco

jeffbco Member

What was your build date?

3. floydturbo

floydturbo Member

4. Flybuddy

Flybuddy Member

Thx for the info, I've got a tow hitch and homelink mobile service set up for 3 weeks from now. I also wanted to add the acoustic heat pump cover to that mobile service. When I go in to modify service it won't let me add it and wants to set up a new service center appt. How did you do it?? thx

5. jeffbco

jeffbco Member

Other than noise and visual, is there any other way to determine if the acoustic cover has been installed?

6. floydturbo

floydturbo Member

You edit the existing appointment and just add notes to it.

7. Gigaron

Gigaron Member

ROFL - The first digits are the most important and you normally leave off the last 1 to 3. Too late now.

8. maximus96

maximus96 Member

makes sense that may 2020 build is in the 9000s. My May build is 101xx

9. Gigaron

Gigaron Member

I don't have it in hand so I don't know the build date, but my Blue/White/AWD is 324xx. Did they really build 20,000 cars in 2 months?

10. Flybuddy

Flybuddy Member

Mine is a May 20 build date with the last 5 on the serial number of 065XX

11. Za_c

Za_c Member

Mine is very similar.

12. HeyEph

HeyEph Member

When I try to add an additional service to an existing appointment, it bumps my appointment date out to the next available. Is there a way around this?